good book on conditioning?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by grchrampage, Oct 10, 2005.

1. grchrampage

grchrampage White Belt

you guys know about a good simple book on conditioning and training . like eating,weights,cardio etc.

2. Jay M.

Jay M. Yellow Belt

In the OT until I get my orange belt and then I'll
    Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik takes care of the training and conditioning part as does Bud Jeffries Twisted Conditioning series. Diet is easier than everyone makes it out to be. We all know what is good for us to eat and what is bad. Eat plenty of protein, carbs and fats if you are looking to gain. Eat less carbs if you are cutting or are starting to get pudgy.

Training hard and eating plenty of good foods (lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, fruit, some dairy, etc.) goes a long way toward more strength and mass. Also, make sure to get plenty of sleep and use the search button for ideas on recovery. CarnalSalvation and some others have excellent ideas on that and what I have already covered.

3. krellik

krellik Gimli son of Cisco

Are you a fighter? There is one name then and one namn only and that is Ross Emamnit. -The best- conditioning books for fighters bar none! www.warriorforce.com

4. grapplers gym**

grapplers gym** Banned Banned

I would agree with Brooks Dino Strength. here is an interview I did with him on the subject of strength training for grapplers. www.grapplersgym.com/Files/Brooks.wma

For diet..The best book out right now is The Grapplers Guide to Sports Nutrition. It covers everything grapplers need to know. www.grapplersnutrition.com

5. Shiroryuu

Shiroryuu Blue Belt

I agree w/ krellik, Ross Enamait's stuff is the best for conditioning for any combat sport, boxing, mma, muay thai, whatever. His stuff is the friggin best.

6. Reakt

Reakt Green Belt

Seconded.
    I own The Boxers guide and Ultimate training, and have just ordered Underground guide and Infinate Intensity (can't wait for that to arrive)

7. --Shogun--

--Shogun-- White Belt

bas ruttens big book of combat :p