Good BJJ gi under $100

I picked up a Sirius gold weave for $100. Probably my favorite gi.

I'm really considering picking up one of those GFG gis. They look hella-sick. I normally do no-gi but I've been mulling over doing a gi class.

another vote for the Fuji single from me. i have a white and blue one and they fit great and have no signs of wear after a few months.

I have a Fuji Victory single and the P&S Lightweight. They are both very good gi's for the price. At $70 for the fuji I don't see how you could go wrong with it. I have been rolling in it for about 8 months and no signs of wear, its fit is excellent and its reasonably light. The P&S is a tighter weave so a little bit heavier, still pretty light though and holds its shape very well when rolling. I have had it for over a year and a half and it hasn't shrunk or had any fraying. Again, the fit was good for me. I would say the P&S is the better gi but also coast $25 more. I prefer both of them to my Vulkan Pro or Gameness Pearl.

I picked up a Sirius gold weave for $100. Probably my favorite gi.

I managed to nab 2 Sirius gold weaves for about $115 total shipped during last years christmas sale. Best gis ever at the best bargain price ever.

Only talk about the gear I own, my opinions. I bash shit I don't like. What is your opinion here?
Ok.. I only own one gi, it's a piranha gear and it was $40 plus shipping, I do mostly nogi so that's good enough for me, the top fit me great, but the pants were a little big in the waist and they were a little short. (I'm tall and skinny)
As for quality, out of the envelope the jacket had one manufacturers defect, it was no big deal just when it was sewn it was folded weird so a tiny piece of frayed fabric was sticking out, I don't use the jacket much but I use the pants a lot and they've held up fantastically and they're comfortable, I've had it for like a year and a half and other than the pants not quite being white anymore it's still holding up great.
My next gi will be a Fushida since they seam to really respected and I like to support Canadian companies even if it is all the way across the country.

have you looked at the ultra light breakpoints? the gi jacket is the exact same as the delux, minus the gawdy patches and inner lining...i've seen great reviews, it's probably my next gi...currently rolling with a gameness pearl.

Uggg these things are never available.

The Mantis is available in white. The chart shows the cost for white and under the Black/Blue it indicates "Coming Soon" as we were releasing this model as white only at the time.

I think it best to just remove that from the website as we have had just too many think the white isn't available either. Consider it done folks....We will be removing the blue/black indication for the Mantis model to remove the confusion.

The update has been completed on the website and now only shows the Mantis model in White with the costing.
I think that will now clear up the confusing part for everyone.
Thanks everyone for pointing this out to us.

Fuji Gi's are solid for the price. Def worth the money. They are not the top of the line, but for the price ... definitely worth it.

NEW Atama Gold Weave - Black

I bought this Atama GOLD WEAVE Kimono from nabjjstore.com on 8/3/2010. I am 5'11'' & weight 205lbs. NABJJStore lets you order your kimono top and pants different sizes.

Kimono Top is size A4
Pant size is A3

It is brand NEW. I did not roll in it as you can see in the pictures on ebay. The pants and top are crispy NEW.

The reason I am selling this is because just last week Shoyoroll had their release of the 7th Son Golden State Kimono's. I stayed up till 3:30 am and I was able to get a Shoyoroll although I did not think it would have been possible. This is the sole reason I am selling this. I need to pay for the Shoyoroll. I paid $163 for the Atama. I need to sell it badly to pay for the shoyoroll. I have reduced the price way down for a quick sale.

NEW Atama Gold Weave - Black

I bought this Atama GOLD WEAVE Kimono from nabjjstore.com on 8/3/2010. I am 5'11'' & weight 205lbs. NABJJStore lets you order your kimono top and pants different sizes.

Kimono Top is size A4
Pant size is A3

It is brand NEW. I did not roll in it as you can see in the pictures on ebay. The pants and top are crispy NEW.

The reason I am selling this is because just last week Shoyoroll had their release of the 7th Son Golden State Kimono's. I stayed up till 3:30 am and I was able to get a Shoyoroll although I did not think it would have been possible. This is the sole reason I am selling this. I need to pay for the Shoyoroll. I paid $163 for the Atama. I need to sell it badly to pay for the shoyoroll. I have reduced the price way down for a quick sale.
If the whole Gi was an A3 I would entertain buying it ... plus you live in Brooklyn too.

The Mantis is available in white. The chart shows the cost for white and under the Black/Blue it indicates "Coming Soon" as we were releasing this model as white only at the time.

I think it best to just remove that from the website as we have had just too many think the white isn't available either. Consider it done folks....We will be removing the blue/black indication for the Mantis model to remove the confusion.

Thank you for the clarification. Is shipping to California fairly reasonable?

I can vouch for a Padilla & Sons. Going to buy a Fuji with my next purchase, just to see what it's like, but I could roll in Padilla gis forever.

Another vote for P&S gis.

I've been training no gi for about a year now and will soon start training gi, so I'm looking for a gi myself. In my searching, I've found that in the price range I'm looking (also under $100) that I will probably end up with a single-weave as opposed to a gold-weave or double-weave. The gi I'm leaning towards right now is the Fuji single-weave that retails for around $70. I've heard good things about P&S as well. Don't know anyone personally with an HCK. Most of the guys at my gym rock Atama. If I wanted to spend more money, I'd probably go with an Atama gold-weave... maybe once I get my blue belt.

What kind of gis did you give away? Also, not to pry, but why did you stop training?

I gave a way my atama double waves and a Adidas single judo gi.
Last time I got a back problem but I still keep training until one morning I can't wake up from my bed. Since then, I haven't really train again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back