Good BJJ gi under $100

batagor

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I used to train BJJ a while a go and I gave away all my gis.
Right now I am thinking to start training again but I don't have a gi and I am not planing to spending too much yet. I have read a little bit about Fuji and HCK single. Is there any other option? I used to like gameness but they raise he price now.

Thanks.

Right now I am thinking to start training again but I don't have a gi and I am not planing to spending too much yet. I have read a little bit about Fuji and HCK single. Is there any other option? I used to like gameness but they raise he price now.

Thanks.

You wont get a good GI under 100!

I can vouch for a Padilla & Sons. Going to buy a Fuji with my next purchase, just to see what it's like, but I could roll in Padilla gis forever.

Depends on what he means by good? Fiji is average at best.

I don't agree. The only thing the Fuji lacks is a stiffer collar. The cut on the top is excellent and the pants fit great (not too tapered). I've abused a Fuji for over 2 years and it shows no signs of wear--amazing considering it's a single weave. And if it helps you, Royler rocks one.

Black Friday 2010 will hopefully solve your gi problems, TS.

Depends on what he means by good? Fiji is average at best.
Well, I just need a decent gi to roll with and I hope it will last al least 6 months.

Between Fuji, HCK, Padilla & Sons (single waves), which one has a better material in term of the gi material, collar, pants and durrability?

Only talk about the gear I own, my opinions. I bash shit I don't like. What is your opinion here?

It would probably help if you wrote something (anything) substantive in your posts. E.g. what specifically you don't like about a product instead of just "average at best."

Well, I just need a decent gi to roll with and I hope it will last al least 6 months.

Between Fuji, HCK, Padilla & Sons (single waves), which one has a better material in term of the gi material, collar, pants and durrability?

I don't know if anyone is better than the others, they're just different.

The HCK is the baggiest all-around of the bunch (which some ppl don't necessarily consider bad), Fuji in the middle, and P&S most tapered.

The HCK collar is the thickest, followed by P&S, then Fuji.

I'm not sure which top is lighter between Fuji or P&S, but HCK is probably thicker than them both.

Durability is a toss-up.

HTH.

Thanks.

I own a couple of Padilla and Sons gold weaves. They were slightly over $100 but I would recommend them.

Everything I've seen you post proves you know nothing about anything.

Lol my thoughts exactly.
It's FUJI not fiji

Oh and TS, another option I have not seen mentioned would be piranha gear, good quality for such a low price, their gis are under $50
The next gi I plan on picking up is an Isami lightweight, I've seen good reviews on it, and its only $90

Last edited:
Thanks for all reply!!!
Now I am deciding between Fuji and Killer Bee.
I fund Killer Bee is quite interesting, it has all the spec of the upper class gi with a fairly affordable price.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all reply!!!
Now I am deciding between Fuji and Killer Bee.
I fund Killer Bee is quite interesting, it has all the spec of the upper class gi with a fairly affordable price.

Thanks again!

I highly suggest you check out killer bee's facebook page if you're thinking of going that way - they've got a nice discount code posted there!

I've been training no gi for about a year now and will soon start training gi, so I'm looking for a gi myself. In my searching, I've found that in the price range I'm looking (also under $100) that I will probably end up with a single-weave as opposed to a gold-weave or double-weave. The gi I'm leaning towards right now is the Fuji single-weave that retails for around $70. I've heard good things about P&S as well. Don't know anyone personally with an HCK. Most of the guys at my gym rock Atama. If I wanted to spend more money, I'd probably go with an Atama gold-weave... maybe once I get my blue belt.

What kind of gis did you give away? Also, not to pry, but why did you stop training?

My only gi is a Fuji Victory. I've been rolling in it 2-3 times a week for 9 months. Still no sign of any wear at all!

It does however look dirty all the time as it's gotten pretty gray over time. Don't know if that's just a problem with my wash or...

Buy a size up if you go for the Fuji, it will shrink... a lot! :)

A friend of mine uses custom embroidered Fuji gi's for his School.
They train hard and they train a lot. Holds up great.

Back