Good article on Andre Ward from Saddo Boxing

thinking about it! It would be awesome to see him live. We got to support our adopted home town fighters you know?

And 5...training log. Starting April, yeah?

met andre on numerous occasions...tough guy not to root for. he came on a show for me couple years back. Good guy.

i hope i can see him...ruben will be a nice measuring stick for him. To me its not if he wins it how he wins.

lol...let me get through opening day and i will most likely begin my log. I've been here in the bay 7 of the last 21 days. Working out has taken a backseat as of late and I've been eating as clean I can. :)

The hotel workout equipment sucks.

Moving Saturday on top of all that.

Its been a whirlwind as of late but I've been very happy with the stuff we've been shooting.

About damn time he stepped up. He better keep on rolling and stop taking on chumps.

Ward has had a very slow start to his career and let's hope this is the first step of many he takes this year. He still has that amazing handspeed and some decent power, but his chin could let him down. Williams is the right test at the moment, would love to see him face Codrington this summer.

He's very quick and skilled- and a local boy. I want to see him start getting in their with some better opposition as well.

San Francisco. I actually used to see Ward at Fairtex a few times before he went to the Olympics.

Me too. Are you still training at Fairtex? I'm over at 3rd street nowadays...isnt fairtex primarily a thai boxing gym?

I was at the old Alex Gong Fairtex. After Alex's death, I went along with Bunkerd and Chris- was actually training for a fight when I left the old Fairtex and went with Bunkerd. I even trained at 3rd Street for about a week.

I have visited (rarely) the new Fairtex, and from what I saw its still the same type of training, which is still pretty good-similar to what we do, the facility is top notch, I'm sure, but the cost is also a whole lot more.

Oh, and yes Fairtex is primarily Thai boxing, which I do. I still love boxing though and mix it up with the boxers when I can. Like a lot of gyms, Fairtex and Fight and Fitness do MMA as well.

More info on Ward from boxingtalk

BT – What's been the biggest adjustment for you transitioning from the amateurs to the pros?

AW – Having patience, and time. A lot of people want an overnight sensation. This doesn't happen overnight though. I was an amateur for 10 years and my main goal was to hit and not get hit. Get in and get out, and I had a short period of time to do that. All of the sudden you go pro, and you got 6 rounds, 8 rounds, 10 rounds. It took some time to adjust to that, I realized I got time to do what I needed to do. I figured out that I could slow down, and do what I have to do each round. So it's having more time, that's been the biggest adjustment.

check out the full interview http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article15251.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back