Gomi vs Sanchez predictions

I think Sanchez is going to overwhelm Gomi.
Sanchez by UD.

Sanchez by gas tank.

Wrestle Gomi to rubber, then takes the decision.

15 minutes of clench

Gomi hesitant, throws haymaker left, Sanchez shoots, Gomi chokes on the ground before any real offense happens.

Greg Jackson will not let Sanchez exchange strikes. Big Gomi fan so it would be crazy if he won but Sanchez is easily a step above Danzig.

Sanchez will out work Gomi on route to a UD.

As much as I love rooting for Gomi, I just don't see him winning much anymore. His ground game is nonexistent and his cardio stinks now. What has happened to him over the years? In his last two fights, he had a lot of trouble standing with Mitsuoka and Danzig, which used to be where Gomi was invincible. I think his training or lack of, has really hurt his ability to fight competitive fights anymore. He really needs to come to America to train with a top U.S. team and then build his cardio.

Win or lose, Danzig is a pretty tough fight usually for almost any LW. Gomi beat him. To me that means Gomi was dramatically improved from how he had been lately, at least for that fight. If that same Gomi comes to fight Sanchez then I think he has something of a shot to win. Don't dismiss Danzig because his record isn't great because a lot of his losses were highly competitive matches against good competition.

Sanchez, fairly dominant UD but get rocked badly at some point.

This fight probably won't be that competitive. Diego by decision or he breaks Gomi and subs him. Either way I see a domination for Sanchez.

awesome matchup. I think Diego will put up a pace Gomi can't follow, Gomi will gas, and Sanchez will either choke him out or TKO him.

Something to keep in mind is that Diego will be cutting massively and traveling across the planet He might be dehydrated or have a rough time with cut. If Sanchez is dehydrated, he will get knocked out earlier. I'm still predicting Sanchez, but I think Gomi is going to be very competitive.

as a gomi fan, hate to say it but honestly I see sloppy telegraph striking from gomi. eventually getting put on his back and rnc'd

hoping for sanchez to get tyson'd

I'm a big Diego fan and Gomi arguably has better standup especially since Diego gets caught a lot but I think Diego will win. He just has an unrelenting pace and obviously could take Gomi down fairly easily if he chooses. And if he gets back to ever using his underrated jiujitsu ever, he could sub Gomi.

Otherwise Diego by decision in what could very easily be fotn on a sick card.

I'm a big Diego fan and Gomi arguably has better standup especially since Diego gets caught a lot but I think Diego will win. He just has an unrelenting pace and obviously could take Gomi down fairly easily if he chooses. And if he gets back to ever using his underrated jiujitsu ever, he could sub Gomi.

Otherwise Diego by decision in what could very easily be fotn on a sick card.

arguably better stand up? i'm sorry but Diego's stand up has been pure shit IMO. If you compare the early 2000s striking of Gomi it's not even close. Gomi's stand up has degraded lately though as he just swings for the fences/has poor training and conditioning, but his power alone would give him better effective striking than Sanchez. Sanchez has won all his fights primarly by grappling. his striking may have progressed a little bit since the BJ fight, but not much. I'm sure hooking back up with Greg Jackson will polish him up though.

whenever i hear people talking about how shit the striking in MMA is, I immediately think of the striking exchange between Diego and Guida, lol.

Diego by Submission. I just hope Diego looks good in his return to LW. I disliked how Diego looked and performed against Joe daddy back in 2009.

Lmao trolling. Sanchez killed at lw only losing to bj.

I'm a huge Diego fan but diego was not killing LW back in 2009. He looked weak against Joe daddy and Good against Guida but not great. And the BJ fight still gives me nightmares to this date. Then again that BJ was the best BJ ever and if that BJ ever shows up in the LW division again, he will decimate any LW.

I hope Diego looks good in his first LW fight. My only problem is that Diego looked HUGE like 2 months ago. Looked an easy 200 pounds.

Back