Gomi vs Sanchez predictions

I'd love to see Gomi knock Sanchez out and am rooting for Gomi every time he fights. That said I wouldn't be supprised is Sanchez out cardios him and take a win.

i'd be surprised if diego didn't win, but i'd love to see gomi pull it off.

As much as I love rooting for Gomi, I just don't see him winning much anymore. His ground game is nonexistent and his cardio stinks now. What has happened to him over the years? In his last two fights, he had a lot of trouble standing with Mitsuoka and Danzig, which used to be where Gomi was invincible. I think his training or lack of, has really hurt his ability to fight competitive fights anymore. He really needs to come to America to train with a top U.S. team and then build his cardio.

I'm going to say Gomi via T/KO.

As long as Gomi can keep the fight standing, which should be a pretty simple plan to come up with, but harder to implement I suppose, he has it in the bag. Sanchez doesn't have enough power in the standup nor is he proficient enough to hurt Gomi there.

as much as I'd hate to say it, gomi is gonna get grapple fuckedd in this one.

This fight isn't even competitive. Diego is going to decimate Gomi.

As much as I love rooting for Gomi, I just don't see him winning much anymore. His ground game is nonexistent and his cardio stinks now. What has happened to him over the years? In his last two fights, he had a lot of trouble standing with Mitsuoka and Danzig, which used to be where Gomi was invincible. I think his training or lack of, has really hurt his ability to fight competitive fights anymore. He really needs to come to America to train with a top U.S. team and then build his cardio.

His cardio has been really lacking lately I agree. I remember those Gomi Combat/Catch Wresting videos from a few years ago and he looked great, admittedly not against other MMA fighters or BJJ experts but he's never really seemed able to apply his submission or grappling game consistantly in MMA, or at least not for the last few years.

Well Sanchez didn't even look impressive at LW. His WW qualities that we usually see may not translate well into LW for all we know. He was terrible against Penn. Now obviously Gomi's no Penn when it comes to tdd, but if he can just implement the Ishida and Kawajiri gameplan, or even the Marcus Aurelio II fight, he should be able to stop Sanchez's td's and will decision or t/ko him... Simple and straightforward plan here.

Diego should win and work towards putting himself in the LW title mix. Diego's got chin and heart for days and was great at LW. Beat Stevenson and Guida when it was more impressive to beat them and lost to BJ, no shame in that at all and I think LW is the weight class he should be in.

Anyone saying gomi has no chance is an idiot, hes clearly trained his grappling he was handling danzig in the clinch and mac is a strong dude, his standup didnt look to impressive but hey his cardio and grappling were the best weve seen from him in the ufc.

Well Sanchez didn't even look impressive at LW. His WW qualities that we usually see may not translate well into LW for all we know. He was terrible against Penn. Now obviously Gomi's no Penn when it comes to tdd, but if he can just implement the Ishida and Kawajiri gameplan, or even the Marcus Aurelio II fight, he should be able to stop Sanchez's td's and will decision or t/ko him... Simple and straightforward plan here.

Lmao trolling. Sanchez killed at lw only losing to bj.

Gomi ftmfw

ufc144_05_gomi_vs_mitsuoka_012.jpg

Lmao trolling. Sanchez killed at lw only losing to bj.

You're over reaching a bit with "Sanchez killed at LW", but he should beat Gomi handily; perhaps a finish. Even that would fail to correlate how Sanchez would do in the Division. But maybe some good fights to look forward too.

Sanchez has a tank and a chin. Recipe for winning against Gomi, IMO.

Tyson Griffin had a tank and a chin... then Gomi knocked him into the next decade.

Gomi does well against aggressive wrestlers. That crap that Guida used on him really threw him off but Diego isn't going to hop around like an idiot with his hands in the air. Sanchez tends to move right at his opponents and that is what Gomi really likes.

I'd favor Diego... but I would not be shocked at all if Gomi KO'd him. Gomi still has ridiculous power.

Back