Gomi vs Guillard

Lol oh man what an obvious dive. Nice one Melvin. Like that was bad, not even convincing at all.
So him getting punched in the face multiple times was not “convincing” enough for you?

Gomi had such a spectacular fall from grace. From Sengoku to UFC, he went from being one of the most popular fighters of all time and of his era to a forgotten legend. At one point in time, he was in All-time discussions with BJ Penn (this wasn’t all that long ago, either). Another fighter who couldn’t put down the bottle and dedicate their natural talents to their craft.

Melvin was Melvin. Fun fighter for about five years. Do or die mentality.

Melvin also had drug issues. Going had his moment at the top. I feel like Melvin could have been a perennial top 5 but his issues held him back.

Is it just me or does it look like a fixed fight?
I'll be honest the thought ran through my head but I didn't want to ruin it

plus I've watched it I don't know how many time and Guillard was dropping absolute bombs with bad intentions early on a lot missing by microspoc margins Tough to fake that stuff

Last edited:
An example of one fighter who maximized his potential (Gomi) and another who didn't (Guillard)..
Gomi is hardly the poster child for maximizing their potential. Love him as a fighter, but clearly struggled with motivation and training

2 of the lost powerful LWs ever even tho both were beyond washed. Nice way for Gomi to go out even if he should've retired a decade prior

Beyond washed doesn't do justice for how washed up they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back