• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Golovkin vs Monroe Jr 05/16

90's phrase of the night is "flying his head" from Maxie. Roy appreciated it.

people give ward too much credit isnt he unranked due to inactivity?

Instead of Canelo having the go up to fight GGG, why not GGG offer to go down to fight Canelo?

For some reason chocolatito reminds me of little mac from super punch out. Lol, guy is a beast.

GGG/Ward would still be by far the biggest money fight of GGG's career.

Certainly if he fights Canelo or Cotto first, then Ward but if he fights Ward first he could be throwing away money. If he fights Ward I think GGG knows as well as anyone he could very well lose. Then what's his stock worth? Makes much more financial sense to fight Canelo/Cotto first and destroy them before taking a fight he could lose. Plus the Ward fight would be worth more then. Wards name doesn't carry so much weight because he's been off for so long. Let him come back and beat someone and a GGG match up will be worth more for both fighters. Just seems like common sense to me.

GGG/Ward would still be by far the biggest money fight of GGG's career.

This is true, but Canelo/Cotto still would be even more money than Ward, and less risk imo. Ward makes him look silly and wins a wide UD if they fight.

He looked shitty & got out boxed at times in the Kassim Ouma fight as well.

Not many guys who fight Ouma like that look good.
However, I thought he did look good. And though it was a dog fight, I can't think of many times on it where Ouma was out boxing him.

LOL at people saying GGG shouldn't fight Ward because he has little name value, yet praising him for fighting guy's like Monroe.

I don't think people understand.. he is going to get hit some because he needs his opponents hands away from home to land his big shots..he has to entice them by being a target.. and doesnt have the speed to do it without paying a price... but his timing and beard and ability to cut the ring away make him highly effective and make his opponents feel they have no choice but to exchange..and then.. they get ko'd

People talked shit about Chavez too..but if you look at the footage, he was pretty good defensively..so is GGG.. there will always be moments of success for the opponents because of the aggression both guys presented and because both guys punch with their opponents often.

btw.. Canelo talking shit.. "I don't see any competition for me at 160"

He knows damn well from sparring GGG that there is a hell of a fighter waiting for him there

Was at the fight last night. Was pretty awesome.

Cool little story.

So we had cheap seats. We decide to sneak down right before the Roman fight. We find an entry not gaurded and find great seats. We sit down and all of a sudden a guy comes up to the seats in front of us and says "hey can I get a pic". This guy right in front of us stands up and it's fucking Leo santa Cruz.

Got a pic with him. Chopped it up with him for awhile. Told me he does really want to fight rigo but thinks the mares fight will be easier to make.

Great night of fights. Ggg looked like he gassed for a second but monroe was making ggg miss big with those bombs after the 2ND round.

Would love to see ggg against canelo more than anyone. Cotto I would love but cotto is smaller. Ggg said he won't go down to 154 for canelo.

Ward I want but after canelo

Listening to GGG on the mic gives me the same warm feeling I used to get with Balki Bartokomous.

That being said, Americans swoon for most foreign accents. :)

Hahahahah oh shit son! Haven't heard that name in years. Where can I get some halkadikidiki's?(spell check)

Was at the fight last night. Was pretty awesome.

Cool little story.

So we had cheap seats. We decide to sneak down right before the Roman fight. We find an entry not gaurded and find great seats. We sit down and all of a sudden a guy comes up to the seats in front of us and says "hey can I get a pic". This guy right in front of us stands up and it's fucking Leo santa Cruz.

Got a pic with him. Chopped it up with him for awhile. Told me he does really want to fight rigo but thinks the mares fight will be easier to make.

Great night of fights. Ggg looked like he gassed for a second but monroe was making ggg miss big with those bombs after the 2ND round.

Would love to see ggg against canelo more than anyone. Cotto I would love but cotto is smaller. Ggg said he won't go down to 154 for canelo.

Ward I want but after canelo

did LSC try getting you to sign a fight contract?

Monroe did very well against GGG, and presented a great account for himself but it was only delaying the inevitable as those big shots landed and wore him down. GGG is the best pressure fighter in the boxing, and he needs a big name opponent to agree to take the test to so he can display it on the big stage.

Back