Goldie's demotion

agreed. he's bush league, they outgrew him a long time ago.

Not only that but hes well past his prime as a commentator. If you go back and watch old fights from like 2003-2006 and then listen to him now he sounds alot different. Hes much worse now.

I don't really care much for what they are actually saying. For me it's more about familiarity and being used to their voices. Any other commentators just sound weird to me when I'm watching the UFC, specially the U.K. guys. It's like when the Knicks fired Marv Albert for biting a hookers ass in a motel, and some yahoo took over. Knicks' games just didn't sound the same after that.

it's called professionalism, if you like rogan you must love drunk casuals at bars. rogan knows so much more than a drunk at a bar, but tell me how many times he has been right with "HE'S IN TROUBLE! IT'S IN TIGHT"

Emotional restraint (or complete lack of) is not professionalism; it is robotic and monotonous. Professionalism is something else entirely.

An "HE'S IN TROUBLE! IT'S IN TIGHT" is just a statement about a fighter being in a bad position and at risk of losing. Rogan misjudges these situations occasionally but is usually spot on.

What the fuck does it matter? Who seriously buys a ppv to listen to rogan or mike or anyone else? I swear the retard level is off the chart on this site.

I find Goldberg's voice to be pleasant and likable. I don't need guys to spell out for me what I can see with my own eyes. It's not a radio broadcast. He does fine.

Goldberg's habit of trying to pass off trivial knowledge for insightful commentary is very annoying.

Goldberg is the best.
That's not true, but I see your point. The Red Wings have a colour guy named Mickey Redmond, and he's pretty special. Nearly twenty years ago the Wings owner bought the Tigers and forced the old owner to fire the lovable old guy that did play by play Ernie Harwell. After public outcry he was rehired. Some dumb guys just need to be kept around (Ernie was dumb, just old and lovable).

I'd like to see the UFC move away from both of them. I much prefer Stann and others to Rogan. I appreciate what Rogan has done for the company over the last decade and a half, but just like with the fighters evolving, there is a better caliber of color commentator out there as well now.
I like Rogan and Hardy even Dom over Stann. But everyone is entitled to an opinion unless your a Jon Anik fan and then you are wrong and not entitled to an opinion.

Goldberg's habit of trying to pass off trivial knowledge for insightful commentary is very annoying.
Ehh after all the years of him doing it and watching it. You start to like this part of his commentating. It's funny. But yeah it's only after years of watching it...

More annoying is his references to other fighters in other fights, during the action. He started to say it, he's goddamned well gonna finish it.

But love him anyways

The best soundbite goldy has for anything is 'How good was that?!'

He is done. Offers nothing of substance and is plain retarded

He's the play by play caller, doesn't have a fighting background, nor does he have to. I don't think Joe Buck's ever played an NFL game in his life, or MLB, but here he is, calling major network pro sports games, and yeah, even Joe Buck fucks up,...his bias towards anything the Green Bay Packers do is pathetic,..

The point is,...Goldberg's been with the company a long time, he makes silly mistakes on his play by play calling, but you guys here on social media websites are making it sound like he's the worst ever, give the man a bit of a break imo..

As for Rogan, the man in his position 'should' always be a retired MMA fighter, that is what the NFL does, replace Rogan with say, 'Pat Miletich'....that would be better imo.

What the fuck does it matter? Who seriously buys a ppv to listen to rogan or mike or anyone else? I swear the retard level is off the chart on this site.
Why are you so emotional?

He's the play by play caller, doesn't have a fighting background, nor does he have to. I don't think Joe Buck's ever played an NFL game in his life, or MLB, but here he is, calling major network pro sports games, and yeah, even Joe Buck fucks up,...his bias towards anything the Green Bay Packers do is pathetic,..

The point is,...Goldberg's been with the company a long time, he makes silly mistakes on his play by play calling, but you guys here on social media websites are making it sound like he's the worst ever, give the man a bit of a break imo..

As for Rogan, the man in his position 'should' always be a retired MMA fighter, that is what the NFL does, replace Rogan with say, 'Pat Miletich'....that would be better imo.
I stand by my opinion. The UFC viewing experience would be better without him. I dont care how long he has been with the company, we all work with someone who has been with the business for too long and is burnt out and useless.

'It is all over!'
'How good was that!'
'Oh my!'
'We got ourselves a fight!'

and my personal favourite.... (whenever the title changes hands)

'...... Is the new, ufc,..... champion of the world!'

No diversity, all scripted shit. Rogans excitement levels have dropped recently but i still hold onto the hope he can change back to the old rogan.

it's called professionalism, if you like rogan you must love drunk casuals at bars. rogan knows so much more than a drunk at a bar, but tell me how many times he has been right with "HE'S IN TROUBLE! IT'S IN TIGHT"
It's not whether he's right or not it's the fact that it gets you excited. Ever notice a football announcer gets louder when it looks like a big play is happening, or a soccer announcer when a guy is on a breakaway or the ball is traveling towards the goal. It gets the fans excited and yeah I enjoy drunk casuals screaming at random moments it perks you up.

I actually like goldy..he brings a certain everyday man vibe to the booth

just tuned in to the main card. Surprised to see Goldie on the Fox card. Glad though, his voice give it a ppv'ish vibe

Back