Goldberg massively underrated

Brock read the book of Hogan. He does just enough to keep his spot and keep things mostly entertaining and not an iota more. He steps up his game when he works with better people and no one can accuse him on not carrying his end of the matches with AJ, Finn, and Daniel Bryan which were all fantastic.

Brocks only entertaining against little guys he can throw with ease. His programs with Reigns, Ambrose, Joe and Braun were no better than what you’d get out of Goldberg. Brock’s a superstar though, he doesn’t need to be any better. Either does Goldberg.

Brocks only entertaining against little guys he can throw with ease. His programs with Reigns, Ambrose, Joe and Braun were no better than what you’d get out of Goldberg. Brock’s a superstar though, he doesn’t need to be any better. Either does Goldberg.

I liked the program and match with Joe. Ambrose sucks and Braun is kind of like Goldberg in that he only works when he's wrecking shit. The Roman thing was doomed to fail because no one wanted to see it.

I liked the program and match with Joe. Ambrose sucks and Braun is kind of like Goldberg in that he only works when he's wrecking shit. The Roman thing was doomed to fail because no one wanted to see it.

The Roman matches were dull though, each guy did the same 2 moves 100 times.

The Roman matches were dull though, each guy did the same 2 moves 100 times.

I'm not defending the Roman matches...but even if they were 5 star classics (6 in the Tokyo Dome) people still wouldn't have liked them because no one wanted to watch that feud.

Seth v Brock v Cena was good.

Brock is one of the last from the Era that can still bang.

No he's not as good as pre-UFC Brock, but age catches everyone. Brock made his bones being awesome in ring, Goldberg was only as good when booked to destroy.

Seth v Brock v Cena was good.

Brock is one of the last from the Era that can still bang.

No he's not as good as pre-UFC Brock, but age catches everyone. Brock made his bones being awesome in ring, Goldberg was only as good when booked to destroy.

Yeah, early Brock had great matches, great feuds, and he faced some of the same guys as Goldberg with better outcomes. The thing is, Brock’s throwaway Smackdown match with Bubba Ray Dudley before his NFL attempt was better than anything he’s done in the ring in the last five years. Say what you will about Goldberg, he didn’t subject us to a full second act of his career where he hit the spear 30 times every match.

Goldberg does get too much crap. He was a great wrestler in my book. I always like my wrestling to at lease have some show of realness to it. I liked Bret Hart for the same reason. He portrayed somewhat of a sense of a real fight/contest but from a different skill set. Yeah he was a jacked monster, but not everyone can be that. It took a lot of work and dedication on his part to maintain that power/physique.

I agree with the comment earlier about the Regal match just looking a little awkward. I don't think it "exposed" anything. In a real contest not everything is super smooth, especially when styles clash. It was two styles going against one another and Goldberg prevailed in the contest.

I was just talking to a buddy during the college national championship when that guy got ejected for basically spearing. It's crazy that no one was using that move before Goldberg. He's also the guy who did a back handspring over Glacier's sweep kick attempt. I loved how crisp his power moves were. I've said it on here many times, I think the feud between Goldberg and Stiener was one of the most believable in history.

He was a product of his era. If he needed to be different I'm sure he could have, but the guys writing his paycheck wanted an unstoppable monster. Who else could have made all those handicap matches and triple threats as exciting as he did?

I'll say he is one of the top 10 wrestling characters of my lifetime.

It's a no from me. Goldberg gets enough credit / respect for what he's done and how he's done it. Anymore would be overkill.

Goldberg was great at going in there and having squash matches. He was a big, muscular, very athletic, and carried himself like a badass.

That said, he was mediocre at most other aspects of wrestling. You can’t fault him for being green, though, when he was pushed to the moon.

His strength was squash matches with a look and charisma.

Other than that? Nothing.

I wonder how Goldberg would have fared in the territory days pre-84, if he'd have been an attraction, quickly in and out of a territory as a heel or if he would have put in the time to learn to work and been a face. The era Goldberg was in was very, very kind to him. It was pretty reminiscent of the Road Warriors who never looked good in back and forth affairs, but awesome look catapulted them to the top of the industry.

Goldberg could have almost been an Ox Baker type (awful worker, great look).

Road warriors are my favorite all time tag team. Saw some good matches in japan against the Steiner bros that weren’t squash matches.

I grew up on wrestling (in the 80s) I always loved big power move guys. Vader was my childhood hero. I lost touch with wrestling in the attitude era but recently have been watching old matches again and from time to time read posts on this forum and I don’t understand how people think Goldberg wasn’t a good in ring wrestler.

Goldberg was amazing in ring, from military presses into spine busters and that spinning neck breaker thing he has some unique moves as well as spinning head kicks etc.. he had a big arsenal of moves and crazy physical strength.

there are a lot of wrestlers who spend 95% of the match throwing punches and standard scoop slaps or suplexes that get a lot of love for their in ring ability.

I’ve never understood why Goldberg wasn’t considered as a great in ring wrestler. Sure he couldn’t cut a promo or etc but the guy could dish out crazy power moves and athletic stuff for a near 300lbs guy.

Am I missing something or why is his in ring ability shit on so often?
exactly its weir dhow un trained fat slobs who call themselves pro wrasslin fans try to talk about someones in ring work lol when they dont even know what a knee toe knee shot is

but over all hbk is the best in ring wrestler ever with kurt angle a close second due to him being a technical wrestler from folkstyle/freestyle

Road warriors are my favorite all time tag team. Saw some good matches in japan against the Steiner bros that weren’t squash matches.

When was this?

Bret ended Bret's career.
People kinda forget Bret kept slamming his head into the concrete doing that stupid figure 4 around the ring post spot. Probably not the wisest decision after Goldberg's kick

I hope Goldberg kicks him in his soft squishy head again

giphy.gif

Goldberg hurt everyone he wrestled, like the Ultimate Warrior. He injured La Parka two different times.

He was very strong and could actually do power moves, I liked him. He bought into his own hype which caused some problems.

Back