Going to Rio in a few days

TekNinja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So on the 11th, I'm going to Brazil to train at a BJJ camp for 2 weeks (killersweetradical). I was hoping to pick up a ton of MMA, VT and BJJ gear while I was down there. Are there actual stores that sell this stuff there? Do respective gyms sell their own merch? How amazing would it be to get a Chute Boxe shirt AT Chute Boxe itself? I'm going to do some major MMA touring- any suggestions of stores, gyms, attractions, landmarks, etc. to go to?

DeltaSigChi4 said:
Isn't Chuteboxe in Curtiba and not Rio?
Well...crap. Aside from that though, any other suggestions?

Dude, this is the type of research you should have already done. And Sherdog is not research.

Academies: BTT is in Lagoa, Gracie Barra in Barra da Tijuca, Humaita in Botafogo (I think). It's late and my brain hurts and the others are slipping my mind.

Stores: in Barra Shopping there is V&M, Arrebenta

Well, I will be staying with 6 or so Rio natives. All of them being competing black belts, I figure they'll know how to point me in the right direction, MMAwise. I was just hoping for any personal Sherdog favorites. On that note- thanks much for the suggestions! I searched around for info on CB, but couldn't find their site, if they have any. I just figured they were in Rio because, well, most big schools are. But I will definitely take your list with me and try to get to those that I can.

TekNinja said:
So on the 11th, I'm going to Brazil to train at a BJJ camp for 2 weeks (killersweetradical). I was hoping to pick up a ton of MMA, VT and BJJ gear while I was down there. Are there actual stores that sell this stuff there? Do respective gyms sell their own merch? How amazing would it be to get a Chute Boxe shirt AT Chute Boxe itself? I'm going to do some major MMA touring- any suggestions of stores, gyms, attractions, landmarks, etc. to go to?

Tekninja ,

If you want , we can have one of our reps to sell you some gear , we have a warehouse in Rio and we can deliver at your hotel or place you would stay. By Mid Aug we will have a new shipment of WAND gear coming in ,so you might want to grab some of them...

Let us know sending an email to : [email protected]

Back