goin to nyc in august...

you could always go to a Royce Gracie seminar. That guy gives blue belts out like KANDYYY, then none of the purists can really argue with you about rank.

lol that might have to be the route to go,

i dont really let that get to me lol

me? i dont train at the main academy, i train at some of rga affiliate schools in nyc.

anyway to the TS, why dont you just be honest? tell the guys at renzos that you feel you are not a beginner because youve been grappling for a long time, and tell them you would like to go to their advanced classes(whichever one you want), and its because your there for only a couple of days and want to train while your in town.

Truth never hurts, just explain to them the situation, and that your an instructor or whatever(didnt read the whole thread).....but to be misleading is no good IMO....

Ive met a lot of the RGA top blackbelts who work there, and theyre all super cool...im sure you could talk to them.

no doubt, i wouldnt lie anyway so thats a nonissue...thanks for the insight

yea, i mean.....i dont know what theyll say, but if you think about it they wouldnt want an experience grappler(you) coming in and owning all of their beginners, so im sure they would meet you half way and talk about what class you could take.

I mean, there have been international level judo players who came to train at my school, and they put on white belts....one guy has been training for like his whole life and he put on a white belt....so im sure if he can do it, you can do it too

yea man like i said i wear it for competition and at my school, when i went to pedro sauers seminar this last sunday or when i go down to new breed jiu-jitsu here in portland i wear my white belt even tho i only try to roll w/ blue, purple, and their black belt so i can of course get better. im always respectful when i go to someone else's school/gym..

and yes i definatlly do respect the art of bjj and what the gracies did for the sport/art and if i had the time/oppertunity to train and earn a legitimate belt under an instructor i would do so, however thats not the case for me so im not going to let that fact deter me from my goals when it comes to competition in the sport..

Apparently you have time to create and teach your own system.

Apparently you have time to create and teach your own system.

all that you've done in this thread is talk shit..i accept constructive critisism with open ears, however youve givin nothing of the sort...just stfu clown...

Fine, then how about you stop teaching your crappy system and start training at a real bjj school to become blue instead?

http://www.subleague.com/08_results/08_1_results_team.pdf

id hardly say a 5th place out of 50 for team rankings for a tournament in our 1st year of operation is the result of a crappy system..

you know nothing of me, what i teach, or the school where i teach, so please actually know what you're talking about before you say shit like that...

get good

Sorry, but that proves absolutely nothing, you could have sent 100 white belts in.

I am a self trained Black Belt.

I recommend you put Deloitte on your ignore list. No use getting into an argument with him.

I recommend you put Deloitte on your ignore list. No use getting into an argument with him.

didnt know u could do that, preciate' the heads up frodo.

and lastly ftr there were 7 of us deloite..

the drop in at renzos is 40 a day. dont wear your blue belt cause its not a bjj belt. that would be like wearing a karate belt to a bjj class. your a blue belt in ur own system, lemon jitsu or watever, not bjj, so it shouldnt even cross your mind to wear it while training jiu jitsu.

A belt is a belt, and it doesn't mean anything unless someone of higher ranking gives it to you. Every school has its standards... giving yourself a belt is shady.

As for going to NYC, it's a great idea. Show up and speak to an instructor (Rolles, Gregor or John Danaher) and mention what you told us about success in tournaments and whatnot. Also, if you can, get a private lesson with John Danaher, you will not regret it.

Sorry, but you are white belt in BJJ, pure and simple. This is not no gi submission wrestling.

im self trained and thats currently what im competing at...im calling myself a high level blue because i won the last tourny i competed in at that belt level ..and im considing myself a high level blue as i have been hangin with all of the purple belts in the area and even one black belt i rolled with a little over a month back..

Back