Gogoplata

Superbeast said:
http://bjj.org/techniques/barra/nino/

Locoplata is what exactly? It's alreadyb been discussed on the forum as being an Eddie Bravo move, but what exactly is it? How can it be all about a technique people don't know?
w.....t.....f...... look like there are three guys in that picture, talk about flexibility.
-Jon

Sherdog_Mutt said:
Sigh... now now kids... I will now proceed to destroy stoic1's monopoly on Eddie Bravo's Locoplata on this forum. :D

The move is basically a modified gogoplata. It looks like this:

eddie2.jpg

What makes Eddie's version different is that he is controlling the left hand with his right hand and using his right foot to apply pressure to finish the choke.

In a normal gogoplata, the person is using their right hand to push the foot into throat while not controlling your opponents other hand.
I'm confused.....and i thought the omaplata was confusing....
-Jon

I got this submission two times in class tonite, each time my opponent tried to sit up in posture and back out it made the choke tighter.

that locoplata just looks a little folish, if you can do a gogoplata (witch I love to do), why would you go for that locoplata!? apply presure with the foot!? wtf?!?

It looks very easy to escape. The gogoplata you can at least trap their arm to try keep them down, grabbing just a wrist while holding your toes... I can't see anyone not being able to pull away.

Back