Gogoplata

legend killa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a pic of this technique?I was watching Pride fc clash of the titans and they said Elvis Shembri invented this sub.Was just wondering what it was

Who the fuck cares? It's all about the Locoplata now.

http://bjj.org/techniques/barra/nino/

Locoplata is what exactly? It's alreadyb been discussed on the forum as being an Eddie Bravo move, but what exactly is it? How can it be all about a technique people don't know?

Awesome move. But no WAY is this big Hawaiian flexible enough to get my leg across anyone's face like that. No way. Scratch that from my game.

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Awesome move. But no WAY is this big Hawaiian flexible enough to get my leg across anyone's face like that. No way. Scratch that from my game.

LOL thats what i am sayin

Gogoplata is a bitch to pull off against someone wormy and resisting, at least for me anyways. I've only got it one like one person in my life.

Superbeast said:
http://bjj.org/techniques/barra/nino/

Locoplata is what exactly? It's alreadyb been discussed on the forum as being an Eddie Bravo move, but what exactly is it? How can it be all about a technique people don't know?

Because I know it and you don't, it makes me > you.

BOOYA! Flying locoplata attack!

The locoplata is the natural progression from Gimmick to Super Gimmick of the gogoplata, especially with Eddie Bravo involved.

Tust for reference, locoplata isn't mentioned on google once. That's how much it's known.

The sheer number of 'locoplata' hits on Google lately is staggering. We keep this shit on lockdown. The downlow. Underground. Downtown.

I'll be tapping bitches out all night with the locoplata and when they ask what it was I never tell them. They might do something stupid and put it up on a website, or let it go on a message board.

Sigh... now now kids... I will now proceed to destroy stoic1's monopoly on Eddie Bravo's Locoplata on this forum. :D

The move is basically a modified gogoplata. It looks like this:

eddie2.jpg

What makes Eddie's version different is that he is controlling the left hand with his right hand and using his right foot to apply pressure to finish the choke.

In a normal gogoplata, the person is using their right hand to push the foot into throat while not controlling your opponents other hand.

Hmm, thats no where near as effective as the homoplata.

Sherdog_Mutt said:
Sigh... now now kids... I will now proceed to destroy stoic1's monopoly on Eddie Bravo's Locoplata on this forum. :D

The move is basically a modified gogoplata. It looks like this:

eddie2.jpg

What makes Eddie's version different is that he is controlling the left hand with his right hand and using his right foot to apply pressure to finish the choke.

In a normal gogoplata, the person is using their right hand to push the foot into throat while not controlling your opponents other hand.

thanks. i didn;t know what a locoplata was.

The book I bought a couple of weeks ago at www.BJJBook.com , "the Techniques of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu" has this move on page 52 of the first chapter, The Guard.

I emailed the author, and he said he learned it from Nino Schembre about 6 or 7 years ago.

OldSkool said:
The book I bought a couple of weeks ago at www.BJJBook.com , "the Techniques of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu" has this move on page 52 of the first chapter, The Guard.

I emailed the author, and he said he learned it from Nino Schembre about 6 or 7 years ago.

Maybe there should be a place where grapplers could copyright the name of a move and show the date. time, video, pictures, dates used in competition of a certain move. Probably like a US Patent thing.

Warning: This move was created in 1930 by .......... It is called .............. This move was used in .......... See video file on this move .........

i can easily get it there, but its such an easily defended move

i've used the gogoplata lots of times... but I first had to get flexible enough... basically continuously forcing to put my ankles behind my head... you can actually set it up from the rubber guard... tried a couple of times...

Back