Goes a hard battle with Texeira, last 30 seconds with Miocic

TKZOMBIE

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
All consider Texeira to be one of the top Hard puncher in LHW.
Maldonado's chin stood against it taking barrage for rounds and gone the distance and made up a fight.
And he got rocked by the first combination of Miocic.
The punching power gap between divisions are devastating it looks like...
No LHW vs HW battles should be made in any circumstances from now on(except a full HW Jones or Gus perhaps)

I would say the bigger issue is a non-top 15 LHW vs a top 10 HW.

Pretty huge skill level discrepancy which is only further exasperated by weight difference.

Pretty huge skill level discrepancy which is only further exasperated by weight difference.

Would have thought that was obvious, but not to the TS I guess.

Just shows how much of a savage prime Wand was. dude survived shots from Hunt.

there was huge difference in skills with Maldonado vs Glover.
the problem is, Maldonado could hold up to the power of Glover and he couldn't tonight against Stipe.

Chin, and Punching power. The gap between divisions will make Gus run a jabathon.

I remember those people, "hurr Glover couldn't knock him out Stipe doesn't hit hard", HW is a whole other ball game

Rankings don't matter

This fight doesn't prove otherwise

You can't measure something like that with a sample size of two fights. When you're talking about all the factors that go into a KO, the velocity and position of each fighters, the punches thrown, anything that could have occurred between the two fights, etc.

you have to remember is that not only Stipe a bigger fighter, but his boxing skill and punching power are higher than all the guys Maldonado fought to get the reputation of having an iron chin. That isn't just because he weighs a few more lbs.

There are plenty of examples of an iron chinned fighter eating bombs from a KO artist and surviving, only to later be put out cold by a guy not known for his power. Fabio could get his lights turned out just the same if they put him in with a puncher ranked as high as Stipe was at HW. Manuwa knocks him out cold.

Maldonado is not the same fighter now compared to when he got mauled by Glover. That fight with Glover wrecked Fabio's chin, scrambled his brain and took years off his career/life. Don't get me wrong, Stipe is a huge dude with big power but this comparison is completely irrelevant for a multitude of reasons.

His chin might not be the same as it once was too. Whatever it is, he just flat got mauled, that was rough to watch.

It kinda felt like Maldonado was just in there for a quick paycheck and then to get out. Perhaps I'm being unfair to both fighters. But as soon as he got hit with that first punch he just started covering his face with both hands.

I thought the same thing. It makes you wonder what would happen to Maldonado if he faced JDS or Carwin?

There's a reason why all the GOATs were ranked #1 at one time or another.

What about everybody else?

An even better question is what's the reason GOATs were ranked #1?

What about everybody else?

An even better question is what's the reason GOATs were ranked #1?

The point is, saying rankings don't matter as 100% fact is just as ignorant and retarded as anyone that would claim that they are the only thing that matters in match-making/fighting.

Jones would beat Cain and this is not a joke

Back