God DAMN IT MARIO

Man if they keep stopping it every time like this, we'll never get epic comebacks. Alvey ate some decent shots but none were KO punches. He kinda fell awkwardly and covered his face while trying to recover for a sec. At least give them a chance. It's not like he's getting hammered in the face while being unconscious.

Weird time to stop the fight, but he was concerned about the way Sam fell. He might have asked him if he was alright, didn't hear a response, and thought he was out.

If he would stopped it when he fell it woulda been ok, at the time he stopped it he was blocking the punches and defending himself in a way. Whats the harm in giving him another couple seconds to either attempt to get up or get finished. I thought the timing of the stoppage was terrible.

He also wasnt turtled, he was only blocking one side and getting ready to post with the other and immediately protested and got up on the moment the weight shifted.

Exactly! They need to see the difference between being defenseless/unconscious and being in a bad position but with a chance to recover. At least give them a chance damnit! All these people saying "he wouldn't win anyway" are right 9/10 times, but that one time could be a badass comeback that we'll never see.

Yamasaki has a history of early stoppages, but I didn't hate this one. I'd like refs to let guys survive and make a comeback in the fight, but with the UFC trying to mainstream this shit I can see why they wouldn't want to let beatings go on too long.

People could spend their time doing things other than watching boring fights or fights with horrible stoppages. #UFCsucks

How else do you defend blows from a guy on top of you unless you turtle until you have the opputunity to stand up?

There are dozens of fights that play out and the guy gets up and the dude who just blew his load with 50 full power blows gets put away in the next round.

What pisses me off is guys on this site have absolutely no definition of what constitutes a good stoppage.

After the mccgregor fight "Oh mendes didnt complain therefore good stoppage"

After the Alvey fight "Oh alvey was wobbly who cares if he verbally complained as soon as it was stopped the ref saved him"

After any of the Edgar Maynard fights "Oh my god what a chin Edgar was rocked the whole fight and came back to win woohooo"

Maybe he was done but we will never know. What we do know is Alvey blocked every one of those punches on the ground and yes he was a little wobbly but he could still stand and speak he didn't drop because he was hit he was thrown down.

Guys are more rocked every event from a punch on the feet but don't trip and recover and no one says "Oh my god he was wobbly where was the ref"

This isn't boxing we don't have count outs and standing 8 counts if you get rocked in MMA its reasonable to expect a chance to recover on your own. Unless of course we should just call a fight anytime someone lands a decent punch that way Lawler could have lost in the 3rd round and we could hear the same people crying.

Some people will only accept a stoppage when someone is legit killed in the cage.

It wasn't bad.
he as done, turtling. IMHO MArio just saved him from unnecessary punishment.

How else do you defend blows from a guy on top of you unless you turtle until you have the opputunity to stand up?

There are dozens of fights that play out and the guy gets up and the dude who just blew his load with 50 full power blows gets put away in the next round.

What pisses me off is guys on this site have absolutely no definition of what constitutes a good stoppage.

After the mccgregor fight "Oh mendes didnt complain therefore good stoppage"

After the Alvey fight "Oh alvey was wobbly who cares if he verbally complained as soon as it was stopped the ref saved him"

After any of the Edgar Maynard fights "Oh my god what a chin Edgar was rocked the whole fight and came back to win woohooo"

Maybe he was done but we will never know. What we do know is Alvey blocked every one of those punches on the ground and yes he was a little wobbly but he could still stand and speak he didn't drop because he was hit he was thrown down.

Guys are more rocked every event from a punch on the feet but don't trip and recover and no one says "Oh my god he was wobbly where was the ref"

This isn't boxing we don't have count outs and standing 8 counts if you get rocked in MMA its reasonable to expect a chance to recover on your own. Unless of course we should just call a fight anytime someone lands a decent punch that way Lawler could have lost in the 3rd round and we could hear the same people crying.

QFTGDT

I just don't understand how people don't get this.

It was definitely a little early. Alvey was probably going to lose anyways, but Brunson was swinging VERY wild and may well have eaten a counter from Alvey, or gassed out after r1. You have to give fighters more of a chance than that, but if Alvey had eaten a few more shots while down, it would have been a fair stoppage.

Nothing wrong with that stoppage, Sam was out to lunch. Noodle-legs and everything.

God damn it, Josh Mario...

tumblr_nef89bFa801s3mh3po1_1280.jpg

Back