• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GOAT Tier fighters that no one will remember

Anyone who has even the slightest interest in MMA and can name more than Conor McGregor knows who GSP is. You made that up.
That is not true, having the slightest interest would mean watching ESPN and catching a ppv or two at a bar. My entire workplace is casual at best and they have been to a couple of viewings. All of them know the big names like McGregor Rousey, Jones, Silva etc and always ask me when the next fight is for them but when asked if they know who gsp is you get a "is that the Canadian guy who just wrestled ppl".

Translation: Look at me guys, I want attention so I'm gonna troll!

Lol poor little guy
But GSP is a nobody when we talk about GOATs, all I'm doing is telling the truth.

Before I'd finished reading your thread I was thinking Miguel Torres too.

I remember being shocked at how his career went despite being young in the mma fan world at the time.

That elbow from Benavidez was the moment it happened. It landed, he wiped his head, soul left his body right there... saw it happen. He fought on, but was never the same. The Brian Bowles KO was bad . . . But nothing beats the look on his face when he saw that blood.

Barao will be remebered, maybe not as a GOAT, but because he is the platform that TJ built his rep from.

Last edited:
That is not true, having the slightest interest would mean watching ESPN and catching a ppv or two at a bar. My entire workplace is casual at best and they have been to a couple of viewings. All of them know the big names like McGregor Rousey, Jones, Silva etc and always ask me when the next fight is for them but when asked if they know who gsp is you get a "is that the Canadian guy who just wrestled ppl".
They know who Anderson Silva is but not GSP?

Do you feed carrots to a bus?

I'd say
But GSP is a nobody when we talk about GOATs, all I'm doing is telling the truth.

Ok. This could be your opinion, which no one can take from you...

But suggesting the most dominant WW champion to date, who took a couple of years off and came back to take a belt at a higher weight having never fought there is a "nobody" in any conversation is simply wrong.

GSP is in the conversation weather you choose to recognise him as one of the best or not. I'm not really a GSP fan. But stop being a twat. You don't like the way he fights... think he lost to Hendricks... yada yada yada... You're not alone in thinking this. But he's in the GOAT conversation like it or not.

To further twist your melon. Two of the other guys he shares this conversation with both tested positive for steroids (One tested positive for something like 5 substances), and a great many of the others fought in FAR less competitive divisions. But you probably knew that.

Next question:
Who's the Greatest GOAT of all time?
In other words, of all of the GOATs and near GOATs who is the GOATiest?
(or did we have that discussion already a brazilian times?)

Well Silva a bigger name, still active and a more fan friendly style. Step out of your bubble.
Not even close to GSP in name value. That is objectively a stupid statement. GSP is only behind lesnar, mcgregor, and rousey as far as drawing power and profitability.

I couldn’t care less who’s more entertaining. I’m simply saying GSP is much more known and a bigger draw than anderson Silva. Any retort to that notion is simply incorrect and you being stubborn.

I'd say

Ok. This could be your opinion, which no one can take from you...

But suggesting the most dominant WW champion to date, who took a couple of years off and came back to take a belt at a higher weight having never fought there is a "nobody" in any conversation is simply wrong.

GSP is in the conversation weather you choose to recognise him as one of the best or not. I'm not really a GSP fan. But stop being a twat. You don't like the way he fights... think he lost to Hendricks... yada yada yada... You're not alone in thinking this. But he's in the GOAT conversation like it or not.

To further twist your melon. Two of the other guys he shares this conversation with both tested positive for steroids (One tested positive for something like 5 substances), and a great many of the others fought in FAR less competitive divisions. But you probably knew that.

Dont feed the troll.

Most names being mentioned are clearly not GOAT-tier.

About the only two fighters who could plausibly exist in the uppermost tier and get forgotten in time are Aldo and Mighty Mouse.

Everyone else is either not GOAT-tier, or is simply not going to be forgotten by the average fan.

Lots of good fighters mentioned, but few who were actually considered GOATs during their peak, and who will be forgotten. The first to come to mind are Mouse and Frank Shamrock.

Not even close to GSP in name value. That is objectively a stupid statement. GSP is only behind lesnar, mcgregor, and rousey as far as drawing power and profitability.

I couldn’t care less who’s more entertaining. I’m simply saying GSP is much more known and a bigger draw than anderson Silva. Any retort to that notion is simply incorrect and you being stubborn.
Take Canada out of the equation and gsp can't break 300k. Bet my life on that one. By today's standards of course Silva can't draw as well but I'm talking historically, and historically Silva ran the UFC for damn near a decade. If you don't remember that then you haven't been watching the sport long enough.

Back