• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GOAT Tier fighters that no one will remember

Barao, IMO, was not quite on GOAT level ever and was just hyped that way because the UFC was trying to shove the light divisions down everyone's throats at the time. He was good but his win streak is grossly inflated IMHO.

With that being said, I agree on Torres who was the face of the division for years, was a pioneer who gave the lighter weight classes credibility, and was blatantly robbed against Mighty Mouse IMHO.

Will also add Sean Sherk, MIKE THOMAS BROWN who may not be the goat but gets ZERO credit in modern day, and Randy Couture (who the UFC has buried in recent years leading to many modern day fans grosssssly undervaluing him and his importance).

20 years from now noone will remember gsp because of the way he "fought". Hell, bring his name up today to a casual viewer of the sport and they don't even know who he is.

GSP and Jon Jones.
They might be remembered, but only for the shady shit that encircled their careers not what they did inside the cage.
Whatever you say, BJ’s mum.

Demetrious Johnson

No one cares, unfortunately.

a huge chunk of the og Japanese dudes from deep and pancrase

igor v

miguel torres

20 years from now noone will remember gsp because of the way he "fought". Hell, bring his name up today to a casual viewer of the sport and they don't even know who he is.
Anyone who has even the slightest interest in MMA and can name more than Conor McGregor knows who GSP is. You made that up.

Rumina Sato
Wanderlei Silva
Shogun Rua
Takanori Gomi
Kid Yamamoto
Hayato Sakurai
Matt Hughes
Big Nog
Bas Rutten
Masakatsu Funaki

Last edited:
Anderson Silva.

The most obvious ones have been said,

TJ Grant was getting pretty savage before that career ending injury.

Sakuraba
Igor Vov
Royce Gracie
Genki Sudo
Frank Shamrock

I see a lot of jokes

I see alot of {<huh}

But Im gonna say Rich Franklin. He was a stud before Anderson got his hands on him. Considered the best in the world by many. I rarley see him mentioned.

joe rogan

c932e19ded98a9b5bf77500a7371e696.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

8d3ae9b8010611e292c922000a1cbf2b_7.jpg

No one here mentions Rich Franklin? Kinda proves he will/already is being forgotten...

I need t.s definition of " goat tiers " which is a term I like cause I use it myself. I usually have just 2 tiers though( save for different day). Getting back to topic I see alot of names that are not " goat tiers ".I understand this can be subjective but those fighters can be debated.

The only goat names I do see wont be forgotten ( gsp,jones ,Anderson????? really lol then everyone will be forgotten)

Because of what BJ is doing to his own legacy right now or has already done , I can see as someone forgotten.

Demetrius because of weight class is a possibility.

Sadly, Gegard Mousasi has somehow become the most under appreciated fighter in history and is only 33 and is planning on retiring at 36. He might be best answer as per topic.

Sherk also will be a forgotten ( in fairness,casuals don't even know who he is to begin with)

I dont consider Torres, Barao on goat tier status. They had padded records and once exposed.....they didnt go back to drawing board and evolve +win. They just got hammered worse.

I need to know t.s definition of his goat tier s( respectfully- I'm not looking to jump on anybody which people foam at the mouth to do around here)

Last edited:
Back