News GOAT: "Kevin Lee doesn't know how good he is"

If I remember right, he used Khabib's blueprint and spent the majority of the fight on the ground with top control. Cardio wasn't an issue in that one.

forgot about that fight, I was thinking off the top of my head the Al fight and dos anjos fight. I did watch the edson fight and member being super impressed and figured he was still in the title picture so he must have looked pretty good cardio wise that night
I'm just gonna have to rewatch it. He went 5 rounds with Barboza and LaQuinta but then dieded after 3 minutes in the RDA fight. Granted, he did attempt to put on a Colby-like pace in that one

Down the road he very well could

The guy is 26 and stylistically could definitely pose problems to Khabib if he continues to evolve, mature as a fighter and put all those pieces together

Potential is potential, it doesn't guarantee anything but he could definitely be champ one day if he plays his cards right
YEah man.
IF he gets his shit together, he's got a very solid run.

I think he's very much an elite fighter personally

Skill isn't the problem with Lee

Which is positive. The holes he's demonstrated are fixable, a lot harder to make massive leaps in your overall skill set

A mature Lee who manages his energy intelligently, who fights with a calm patience, that merges his arts together with fluidity and timing is a scary man.

Up until now he's only showed glimpses.

He has the skill of a young gsp but a big part of what made gsp great is he had those other elements. Though to be fair it also took George's time before he really found the formula too

i agree with most of what you said in this thread, but the things you said that will make him scary are harder to learn than knowing how to apply a triangle choke or something.

timing, fluidity, and being calm under fire are intangibles that are difficult to even grasp as a concept for most people let alone master physically.

First round Staphless Kevin Lee is a monster.

Lemme guess.. he also had staph against overrated Iaquinta?? <45>

its clear lee has great potential. as a big fan of him hes a quitter though. he checks out before he is truly gassed. you could see it in the iaquinta fight. before al even takes over its all over kevins face whats happening. was clear at home to anyone viewing, was clear to al, and the corners. hes scared to be gassed.

weirdest part is he comes out so aggressive with his power wrestling that it spells doom for him without the sub or tko finish. Georges will help him pace himself im sure about that. more so he needs to be more clear headed during the fight. especially when he does get top positions. hes using brute strength instead of technique.

im still a fan. hes definitely one of the stronger fighters the way he can throw people around early, but his skills and mind havent reached his bodies capabilities yet.

I haven't slept on lee

Not even a little

His fight against rda only further affirmed his potential really

Just has to make a bunch of adjustments

The funny / odd thing is how 90% of Sherdog believes he's a bum, overrated and destineed to be a journeyman

People here are really blind sometimes
Most fighters in the top 10 of any Division have potential. The question really is, if they can reach it and adapt their style to cover their weaknesses.
Kevin Lee so far has shown a lot potential but not the ability to change things. That can still happen but after everytime he says he did exactly that before his Fight and than wents on to lose the fight, people doubt him more.

I'm sorry but GOATS don't cherry pick opponents and tap to strikes:

gif8.gif
<{you!}><{you!}><{you!}>

I just want all you guys to know I been on the Fighter Kevin Lee train since the beginning

I don't want to see you turncoats back on the train when he's awesome again

Is Kevin Lee good? Yes. I don't buy into the hype, he's shit the bed on that one. I was willing to go with the whole staph infection thing against T-ferg but think that hype train was destroyed after he lost to iaquinta and the RDA fight felt like a confirmation of what we already kinda knew by that point: his gas tank is non existent.

I do think he can rebound IF he gets his cardio issues under control

I'm sorry but GOATS don't cherry pick opponents and tap to strikes:

gif8.gif

Maybe tapping to strikes saved his chin and stopped him from becoming this?

ap_bellator_180_mixed_martial_arts_91940877.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Also allowing him to come back and do this:
giphy.gif

Fedor also cherry picked organisations.

<Fedor23>

Now that hes training at TriStar with Firaz and GSP I reckon he will go places for sure. Might take a couple fight to see proper results but I reckon he could fight for the title eventually. Also hes only 26-27, heaps of time to get it right.

Back