News GOAT: "Kevin Lee doesn't know how good he is"

theTKDguy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

But where does kevin lee fit into this?

Wrong about goat. Wrong about Fighter Kevin Lee.

And don’t say two wrongs make a right.

I'm sorry but GOATS don't cherry pick opponents and tap to strikes:

gif8.gif

kevin gasses. Evryone said it was due to staph vs tony but you see kevin noticeably slow down in all his recent fights. ANd the worst part is he stops having any head movement, he just gives the vibe of a fighter cruising on an empty tank.

Meh, I think GSP is only saying that because he compares Lee to himself - an explosive wrestler with fast strikes. He's overlooking two huge differences; fight IQ and pacing. Lee has proven time and time again that he'll just run in for a double with little thought of a setup and muscle his opponent to the ground. He seems to approach every fight the same, and when he gets a top wrestler, he hits a massive wall and gasses like crazy.

His training probably has something to do with it, but I don't see what GSP is talking about. He's composed, only uses explosive shots when he's timed them perfectly (his take downs take 20% of the energy of Lee's because of his setups). Lee strikes me as a guy that got too much hype too quickly and won't adapt because he spent too long thinking he knows better. If you're going to fight like RDS, you better build the same conditioning as him. Their fight was a perfect example of how Lee just isn't at that level with his conditioning.

I genuinely think GSP is awesome but this loss IN HIS PRIME and what became his very boring/cautious style removes him for greatest “fighter” .

That loss to Serra is literally 5 years into his pro MMA career. It was quick lapse of immaturity and not taking a weaker opponent serious specially coming off such amazing win against Hughes at the time. His prime started after that, once he put every skill he possesses together. He's the greatest mixed martial artis in and out of the cage the "sport" has seen. Your mistaken if you believe the moment he loss to Serra was his prime. You must've ban before. Keep up your good work in being stupid.

kevin gasses. Evryone said it was due to staph vs tony but you see kevin noticeably slow down in all his recent fights. ANd the worst part is he stops having any head movement, he just gives the vibe of a fighter cruising on an empty tank.
I didn't watch the fight with Barboza but he finished him in the 5th round. So my question is, how did he look cardio-wise in that fight?

Bizarre how this guy’s unwarranted hype still persists.

He has the look of an A+ Athlete like GSP did, that’s about it.

He looks great and he’s technically a decent wrestler but he has no grit and no chin.

I haven't slept on lee

Not even a little

His fight against rda only further affirmed his potential really

Just has to make a bunch of adjustments

The funny / odd thing is how 90% of Sherdog believes he's a bum, overrated and destineed to be a journeyman

People here are really blind sometimes

Meh, I think GSP is only saying that because he compares Lee to himself - an explosive wrestler with fast strikes. He's overlooking two huge differences; fight IQ and pacing. Lee has proven time and time again that he'll just run in for a double with little thought of a setup and muscle his opponent to the ground. He seems to approach every fight the same, and when he gets a top wrestler, he hits a massive wall and gasses like crazy.

His training probably has something to do with it, but I don't see what GSP is talking about. He's composed, only uses explosive shots when he's timed them perfectly (his take downs take 20% of the energy of Lee's because of his setups). Lee strikes me as a guy that got too much hype too quickly and won't adapt because he spent too long thinking he knows better. If you're going to fight like RDS, you better build the same conditioning as him. Their fight was a perfect example of how Lee just isn't at that level with his conditioning.
Agree

Really? Dude says he can beat Khabib all the time. I'm pretty sure he's not lacking in self confidence

Back