• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GOAT comparison

Khabib fought in a tougher division and dominated his opponents

Why do people act like title wins are the only wins that count?

Khabib beat RDA, Johnson and Barboza before fighting for the title. Johnson and Barboza were both top 5 and RDA was on a 5 fight win streak, then immediately went on another 5 fight win streak capturing the belt and defending it

People just hate Khabib, they’ll complain about his supporters calling him the GOAT, but you can’t even find those people anymore, I personally haven’t seen a khabib is goat post on any social media in a very long time
the whole problem is that his resume is so weak that you just listed edson fucking barboza.

the whole problem is that his resume is so weak that you just listed edson fucking barboza.
Barboza has wins over Bobby green, Anthony pettis, Gilbert Melendez, beneil dariush, Dan hooker, robbed against ige, Shane Burgos, sodiq yusuff and Paul felder

GOAT conversations are the drizzling shits.

What I like about Pereira is his win-loss record isn't precious to him. When a fighter is free of this concern, they can fight whoever, whenever and they can fight often. The accomplishments & accolades pile up fast with this level of activity. He's not waiting for the right person, right place, right time, right weather like some guys do. He stated beforehand he was ready to fight a third time if he lost to Jiri. When a fighter isn't afraid of losing, it makes him fearless. It's why I think Jon Jones is a coward deep down. That being said, goat conversations don't make sense until a fighter is completely retired. Pereira still has tests that await him.

Now list the total number of relevant opponents they had lol.

Dustin porier isn't a former champ but fucking jahamal hill is (because 205 is shit) that's like saying tim sylvia is a more impressive win than Gus because one was a champ

Alex is easily over Khabib. Isn't like half of Khabib's wins over underground back room fighters who only have like 3 fights at best? Then throw in Khabib ran away with his tail tucked between his legs, whereas Alex isn't scared of any fight. You never saw Khabib even hint at moving to WW for a fight.

All GOATS have asterisks

Fedor never fight prime Randy, Barnett or Brock

Jones only went to hw when there were no more skilled fighters there. The one guy that is remotely a threat he is ducking

Khabib retired too early

Gsp last to Serra and never went for finishes after that

Silva was in a rather weak MW division though not as weak as now. Like Poatan he didn't have to face a great wrestler with decent enough striking in his prime (weidman fights he was past prime)

IMO, the sport has evolved significantly in the last 15 or so years.

Khabib retired too early to be a true GOAT.

Khabib - 29-0
Alex 11-2, being finished two times

Now, I am not an Alex hater and I know Khabib has his flaws when it comes to opponents, but I just wouldn't call a guy GOAT when he doesn't have at least 20 MMA fights.

Also, no idea why title fights matter that much for some people.
Some guys get 2-3 wins in UFC (Yuri) and then a TS and others need 8-10 wins for a TS (Edwards, Belal, Khabib, Islam etc)

Khabib easily beat RDA in 2014.
He needed 3 more fights to become champion.
He could have cleaned that division since 2014 easily.
I know the Dagestani have their flaws (fight withdraws, injuries), but come on, it's pretty obvious when some guys are cleaning the division (Khabib, Islam) and they are just so much better than everyone else.

Khabib fought in a tougher division and dominated his opponents

Why do people act like title wins are the only wins that count?

Khabib beat RDA, Johnson and Barboza before fighting for the title. Johnson and Barboza were both top 5 and RDA was on a 5 fight win streak, then immediately went on another 5 fight win streak capturing the belt and defending it

People just hate Khabib, they’ll complain about his supporters calling him the GOAT, but you can’t even find those people anymore, I personally haven’t seen a khabib is goat post on any social media in a very long time
Johnson is in Khabib's top 5 wins and you're sitting here trying to argue he's underrated.

Holy fuck.

Johnson is in Khabib's top 5 wins and you're sitting here trying to argue he's underrated.

Holy fuck.
Johnson beat great fighters. It’s a better win than Strickland who’s only good wins are hermansson imavov and adesanya. Literally. 3 good wins. Meanwhile Johnson has wins over Tony Ferguson, edson barboza, Dustin poirier, joe lauzon when he was decent, and he absolutely unequivocally got robbed against beneil dariush. No debate, the judges got it wrong

Back