GNC Anabolic Matrix Kit?

Breakdown of Accelerade vs. R4:

Maltodextrin/Dextrose vs. Sucrose: the former is better, but it won't make a massive difference.
Advantage: R4

WPC vs. WPC: basic protein. Same ratios.
Advantage: neither

Glutamine vs. nothing: The only time glutamine is really useful is when you're losing weight. I still take it since it's cheap, and the best time to take it is PWO when glutamine is most depleted in the muscles.
Advantage: R4.

Lecithin vs. Lecithin: the phosphadylcholine in Lecithin is a neurotransmitter which "primes" the CNS, so it's only useful pre-workout or during workout. Hence the reason I like to take these drinks then, and a separate protein shake after workouts.
Advantage: neither.

Vitamin C&E vs. Vitamin C&E: apparently it's useful to take these during workouts because (being the most effective antioxidants) their protection against free radical damage allows the athlete to produce more reps or last longer on cardio. Kleiner wrote about that.

BCAA's vs. BCAA's: I read a study that showed a solid 4% improvement in performance among elite cyclists. Apparently it achieves this through increased "focus", so the only time it was shown to be useful
was during the workout.

Ciwujiwa vs. nothing: a hyped herb that didn't pan out. You're paying for nothing.
Advantage: Accelerade.

So you see how similar the formulas are. And at DPS similar sized canisters of R4 and Accelerade are $26 and $20 (I swear the R4 was $40 just two months ago, the last time there was a thread on this). But the formulas are best suited to take before or during a workout.

My recommendation is you make the decision based on price and taste- since the difference in the formulas is nominal.

Accelerade tastes pretty terrible. How's the R4?

Thanks a lot mate, very interesting stuff.

R4 tastes awesome actually.

So you think it would be best to take this before lifting and then creatine after?

Tap112 said:
Thanks a lot mate, very interesting stuff.

R4 tastes awesome actually.

So you think it would be best to take this before lifting and then creatine after?

Yes, creatine after. That's when you intake a serious amount of high-Gi carbs anyway (like dextrose, maltodextrin, or sucrose), so it works out perfectly.

Yeah, I've been thinking about posting my entire supplement regimen here since I know a couple guys probably want to look at it. I've just been too lazy.

Yea, I used to just have maltodextrine after. actually I used to just eat a few slices of white bread after.
Madmick said:
Yeah, I've been thinking about posting my entire supplement regimen here since I know a couple guys probably want to look at it. I've just been too lazy.
Yes, I would be interested in looking at it.

Also, the endurox has about 900 mg of L-Arginine, Accelerade doesn't.

and that ciwijiwa herb wasnt listed on my bottle, maybe they removed it.

Also, the whole thing about the carb to protein ratio, if you're a hard gainer (like me) then you want the more carbs with the 4:1. athletes who dont have problems with carbohydrate-induced fat weight and young people with faster metabolic rates can get by and possibly benefit from the one more part carb. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it makes much of a difference if it's 4:1 or 3:1, you are still combining carbs with protein which is going to greatly increase the insulin response (as opposed to just carbs or just protein).

Tap112 said:
Also, the endurox has about 900 mg of L-Arganine, Accelerade doesn't.

and that ciwijiwa herb wasnt listed on my bottle, maybe they removed it.

Oh yeah, I forgot that one.

L-Arginine is worthless.
Advantage: Acclerade.

how is arginine worthless? Its not an essential amino but, it participates in protein synthesis and is a precursor to the formation of nitric oxide, creatine, polyamines, L-glutamate and (supposedly) in large doses can stimulate pituitary release of growth hormone.

I keep thinking about this. The only reason why Im hesitant to start taking a creatine mix right after as a recovery drink is because theres no protien, so the insulin spike is going to be practically half of what it could be. Im thinking about adding some creatine to the endurox but Im hesitant to do that as well because I preferably want to be taking creatine with just simple carbs, not complex ones. I dont know why they put any complex carbs in there. And the ratio of carb to creatine would be off.

Maybe I should just take an endurox before then the creatine brew with a scoop of whey protein isolate added in after. So then it be 70g simple carbs - 24g protein - 10g creatine. So that gives a 3:1 (it be 17g protein for 4:1). Its okay to mix protein and creatine right? Might be a few glasses to thin out all the powder.

Tap112 said:
how is arginine worthless? Its not an essential amino but, it participates in protein synthesis and is a precursor to the formation of nitric oxide, creatine, polyamines, L-glutamate and (supposedly) in large doses can stimulate pituitary release of growth hormone.

Because you already have a superfluity of arginine in your bloodstream. I PM's you the link to the NO thread.

Madmick said:
Because you already have a superfluity of arginine in your bloodstream. I PM's you the link to the NO thread.
just in case my pm didnt go through (got an error message) thanks a lot man.

Madmick said:
Breakdown of Accelerade vs. R4:

Maltodextrin/Dextrose vs. Sucrose: the former is better, but it won't make a massive difference.
Advantage: R4

WPC vs. WPC: basic protein. Same ratios.
Advantage: neither

Glutamine vs. nothing: The only time glutamine is really useful is when you're losing weight. I still take it since it's cheap, and the best time to take it is PWO when glutamine is most depleted in the muscles.
Advantage: R4.

Lecithin vs. Lecithin: the phosphadylcholine in Lecithin is a neurotransmitter which "primes" the CNS, so it's only useful pre-workout or during workout. Hence the reason I like to take these drinks then, and a separate protein shake after workouts.

Vitamin C&E vs. Vitamin C&E: apparently it's useful to take these during workouts because (being the most effective antioxidants) their protection against free radical damage allows the athlete to produce more reps or last longer on cardio. Kleiner wrote about that.

BCAA's vs. BCAA's: I read a study that showed a solid 4% improvement in performance among elite cyclists. Apparently it achieves this through increased "focus", so the only time it was shown to be useful
was during the workout.

Ciwujiwa vs. nothing: a hyped herb that didn't pan out. You're paying for nothing.
Advantage: Accelerade.

So you see how similar the formulas are. And at DPS similar sized canisters of R4 and Accelerade are $26 and $20 (I swear the R4 was $40 just two months ago, the last time there was a thread on this). But the formulas are best suited to take before or during a workout.

My recommendation is you make the decision based on price and taste- since the difference in the formulas is nominal.

Accelerade tastes pretty terrible. How's the R4?

I asked this in another thread. How does Cytomax stack up against accelerade?
Cytomax has 0g listed for protein. Does it have AA?

physicaltherapy said:
I asked this in another thread. How does Cytomax stack up against accelerade?
Cytomax has 0g listed for protein. Does it have AA?
After a brief look at the ingredients, Cytomax looks like it would be better to take during or before a workout. Endurox would be better for recovery after. Mainly because cytomax has no protein - its proven that when protein and carbohydrates are combined in the right formula it will produce a bigger insulin release than just carbs or just protein. I wrote a little bit about this in a previous post above.

When compared to Accelerade, price wise, I would say go with the Cytomax. 4.5 lbs (82 servings) of cytomax sells for $27. 3.82 lbs (56 servings) of Accelerade sells for $22. So every serving of accelerade costs you 40 cents, every serving of cytomax costs you 32 cents. However, each serving of Accelerade is larger by 6 grams. (bulknutrition.com). Price aside, Im liking Accelerade better. It has 5 grams of protein, cytomax has zero. Accelerade has more of everything except pottasium. Now, I dont really know how it would stack up if you broke down the actual ingredients. Cytomax looks like a more complicated formula. I noticed it had l-glutamine and chromium in it (which accelerade does not).

paolo27th said:
you're fucking 17 and training 4 hr a day?
God I wish I had studied in da USA and didn't waste all my time smoking ganja.
Anyway, back to your question. Keep lifting weights and maybe try some good old creatine. Other stuff is just o full of shit. I mean, where it's not bullshit it's proper crap that will do more harm than good. Don't worry about getting bigger too quickly, keep training and by the time you're 20 your body will have adjusted itelf to the weight god meant you to be. Also, go easy on the protein. You really don't need as much as supplements companies tell you. personally, I feel much better since I stopped taking them. Ever heard of the acid-alkaline thing? Well too much proteing will make your blood very acid and to cut a long story short you'll feel shit. Try liquid aminoacids instead. They are way more efficient that protein and you can even take them while training for an energy boost. What I do is mix amminos, creatine, sugar and water for post training or amminos, sugar and water if I have while training.

I would stay away from creatine. go with optimum nutritions gold label protein powder. good whey protein, low fat, mixes easy etc... gets great results

Mr.Totality said:
I would stay away from creatine.
Yeah, man, you gotta be more detailed when you make a comment like that.

Back