gloves

onslaught61

White Belt
Reaction score
Are there any setbacks to using gloves for lifting weights? i heard non-gloves requires more grip strength

Nothing wrong with using gloves, if you are a girl. Nobody likes a girl with leathery hands. Otherwise, are you really all that concerned with your hands looking dainty and soft all the time?

yea thought so, just sometimes get some serious calluses from the dumbells.

Damn I've been using gloves, well I don't....until my hands start getting sweaty, and the barbell/or dumbell would just really slip off my hand. Things like shrugs, deads.

Zeirhk said:
Damn I've been using gloves, well I don't....until my hands start getting sweaty, and the barbell/or dumbell would just really slip off my hand. Things like shrugs, deads.

chalk

The only time i can see using gloves is if you have a hand injury (i.e. cut/burn), ohh or if your a hand model.

Men should have man hands. Therefore, no gloves.

Gloves are teh gay. Get some manly hands, use chalk, and dont be a bitch. I can't wait til Carnal see this thread.

so there really is a difference in grip development when wearing gloves and when you dont?

damn im gonna laugh at the :eek::eek::eek:gy ladyboys who wear them even more now

Of course, gloves retard your grip development. Think about a vise-grip: How much more clumsy would it be if it were padded? To transform your paws into vise-like machines of death, you must harden them. Gloves protect the soft flesh of your palms from wear and tear, and, thus, ensure that your flesh will forever remain soft, padding whatever vise-like grip you attain and gumming up the whole process.

On top of that, gloves make you look like an M&F reader. They're a one way ticket to Pansyville.

Leave the gloves to the women folk. Please.

I decided I'm not finished yet.

Now I may be new to powerlifting, but I've noticed a common theme in the literature. To move huge weights, one must create the most solid base possible off of which to push. If you were to wrap a bar in thick foam, it would be much harder to push. Why? Because any softness you have between you and the bar acts as a shock absorber. You'll have to apply more power to get it moving. That's why you form your back into a hard, static arch for the bench. That's why you tighten your upper body and death-grip the bar in a squat. The harder the contact point between you and bar is, the easier it is to transmit force. Every little bit of extra hardness you can pack into your form will translate into extra poundage you can move.

Even if you're not all that concerned with grip training (I can't understand why), you still should lose the gloves. The more your hands adopt the texture of steel, the more efficiently you can punish iron.

my hands look and feel like velvet, course i havn't tuched a barbell in about a year.

i never used them, just wondering

guess theres a lot of pussies in my gym then

Back