Glover vs Gus

Glover doesn't deserve Gus yet.

Gus showed a good chin against Shogun but also showed it easy to hit him. Maybe Glover can KO him.

Another hype thread, what would make you think he could hang with Gus? He beat Shogun who has a better striking game than Glover. Glover may have more power than Rua at this point but I see Gus walkin through him.

It's definitely an interesting matchup. We'll see if Glover can beat Rampage decisively first.

Another hype thread, what would make you think he could hang with Gus? He beat Shogun who has a better striking game than Glover. Glover may have more power than Rua at this point but I see Gus walkin through him.

Who said this was a hype thread? Did i say Glover would murder Gus?? Read my last post, IF he gets passed rampage they should set it up. Other than that, gtfo out of my thread.

Glover is going to crush Rampage.

If we didn't have this bullshit season of TUF wasting everyones time at LHW, I would say Gustafsson fights Jones, then Glover is next in line after he beats Rampage. Sadly, I think Glover/Gustafsson should happen as a #1 contender's fight, with the loser facing the winner of Machida/Henderson (Or Davis, if he fills in for one of them).

Personally I wanna see Gustafsson take on a bigger name, like Machida, Henderson or Evans.

Don't like it. Gus and Glover are pretty much the only interesting new guys at the top. Why put a two exciting contenders against eachother. Gus fights winner of Hendo/Machida for nr 1 contender. Glover fights winner of Rashad/Nog for nr 2. (if he beats rampage, which I think he will)

Don't like it. Gus and Glover are pretty much the only interesting new guys at the top. Why put a two exciting contenders against eachother. Gus fights winner of Hendo/Machida for nr 1 contender. Glover fights winner of Rashad/Nog for nr 2. (if he beats rampage, which I think he will)

Why put two exciting contenders against each other???????????????????

This sport has the most bizarre fans.

It would be a shame to waste one of them on the other at this point.

Shogun is nothing but a gatekeeper nowadays, he can take a beating but he is so slow and can't defend himself from strikes or takedowns.

I used to love Shogun but anyone who calls him the LHW GOAT is kidding themselves, he had an amazing run in PRIDE and then he's been so inconsistant.

I'm sorry but Diabate, Manuwa, Glover all beat Shogun at this point.

Am i the only one who likes this match up?

Do you just want no one to fight for the title? Just have all the prospects fight each other over and over and continually remove one another from contention.

How does this matchup sound good to you in anyway?

Both of these guys should be built to challenge the champion. Pitting them against one another only eliminates another prospect.

I think it'll end up happening since Gus will not wait until the summer for a title fight and Glover is going to walk through Rampage. The Hendo/Machida winner may be assed out.

I'd watch it. Gus may take a UD, but there's a good chance glover can outgrapple him. How good are Glover's takedowns?

Back