Glover vs Gus

Shogun is nothing but a gatekeeper nowadays, he can take a beating but he is so slow and can't defend himself from strikes or takedowns.

I used to love Shogun but anyone who calls him the LHW GOAT is kidding themselves, he had an amazing run in PRIDE and then he's been so inconsistant.

I'm sorry but Diabate, Manuwa, Glover all beat Shogun at this point.

Diabate and Manuwa??? Really??

Do you just want no one to fight for the title? Just have all the prospects fight each other over and over and continually remove one another from contention.

How does this matchup sound good to you in anyway?

Both of these guys should be built to challenge the champion. Pitting them against one another only eliminates another prospect.

It would show who is the better of the two and who actually deserves a shot more. They can always work their way back to the top like anyone else, especially Gus who is still young.

Putting Glover against a tall, fast, young contender is a great way to see if he can hang with the champ. The matchup sounds great. No one said all of the prospects have to fight each other constantly, and it does not eliminate them as a prospect if they lose. Remember when the two prospects Gus and Phil Davis fought? Nothing bad came of it.

It would show who is the better of the two and who actually deserves a shot more. They can always work their way back to the top like anyone else, especially Gus who is still young.

Putting Glover against a tall, fast, young contender is a great way to see if he can hang with the champ. The matchup sounds great. No one said all of the prospects have to fight each other constantly and it does not eliminate them as a prospect if they lose. Remember when the two prospects Gus and Phil Davis fought? Nothing bad came of it.

Lol @ nothing bad came out of it. You got idiots on sherdog who keep bringing that fight up as an example when regarding Gustafsson's TDD, and when you tell them that fight happened 3 years ago, they ignore it. You tell them , he was only training part time, they ignore it. They say Davis destroyed Gustafsson, took him down at will, Davis was only successful once(he got stuffed a lot as well, and Gustafsson got back up from that, then when he went for a take down of his own, he got caught in a sub. They also argued that Gustafsson should be ranked below Phil Davis when talking about Lhw rankings. SMH.

Lol @ nothing bad came out of it. You got idiots on sherdog who keep bringing that fight up as an example when regarding Gustafsson's TDD, and when you tell them that fight happened 3 years ago, they ignore it. You tell them , he was only training part time, they ignore it. They say Davis destroyed Gustafsson, took him down at will, Davis was only successful once(he got stuffed a lot as well, and Gustafsson got back up from that, then when he went for a take down of his own, he got caught in a sub. They also argued that Gustafsson should be ranked below Phil Davis when talking about Lhw rankings. SMH.

Yup, nothing bad came from it, except for idiot nuthuggers on sherdog complaining about the results and rankings like you.

Case closed.

Yup, nothing bad came from it, except for idiot nuthuggers on sherdog complaining about the result and rankings like you.

^ what a waste of a post. You clearly didn't understand what I meant.

^ what a waste of a post. You clearly didn't understand what I meant.

Try to make sense and have a relevant response then. You said the outcome was people complaining on sherdog and I pretty much said it doesn't matter.

Case closed again.

I like this matchup but the timing is inappropriate. No sense in having two of your most promising up and comers fight right away when we can keep both of them going.

I would like to see it someday, Mousasi would make an excellent opponent for either of them as well.

I don't love it. Gus is much more established in the UFC. Let's see him get some wins that matter first. I'm not trying to understate his abilities, either. I'm just saying is like to see him built slower than that.

Back