• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Glover is not the guy to beat Jon Jones

Jones has a 9" reach advantage over Glover.

Add in speed, height, fighting style/match up etc.....

And JJ steam rolls Glover.

I think Phil would give him problems. From what we've see so far, he has a pretty sturdy chin and is an excellent grappler. If Glover can't knock him out fast, I think he would get outworked to a slow grind UD

I don't think Phil fights that well going backwards... if he can't get Glover down, he'd be in for a rough night.

Machida's issues is he plays it too safe at times and that is his problem and it has cost him. I thought Machida did enough to win the fight but Davis got the nod from the judges which is fine.

But Glover almost lost to someone like Bader who is ranked lower than Davis and you dont see him losing to Davis ?

From that performance I dont know if Glover can beat Davis or Rashad but we will find out.

Don't get me wrong, i also thought Machida won that fight.

Glover showed that he is a better wrestler than ncaa d-1 Bader, that's a big deal imo. He got tagged and rocked, yea, but Bader hits like a truck, Phil is a more methodical kind of striker, with less power and more variety in his attacks, and i just don't see that style beating Glover in a stand-up battle.

Jones will decimate him for sure, but its not like there is anyone in the LHW division who would do any better right now.

Guys if Glover didn't throw that shot Bader would have finished him.

You mean if bader did not get knocked out, the result would be different? does it not go without saying that if the loser did not...lose, then the result would be different?

Bader got beaten. He was throwing right hooks that were mostly being deflected by Glover, and he then got countered.

You mean if bader did not get knocked out, the result would be different? does it not go without saying that if the loser did not...lose, then the result would be different?

Bader got beaten. He was throwing right hooks that were mostly being deflected by Glover, and he then got countered.

We're not talking about the legitimacy of Glover's win. Glover won fair and square and he's an overall better fighter than Bader but we're talking about whether Glover would be any match for Jon Jones and if you're a few seconds from being put away on the feet(not the gorund) by Ryan Bader you really have no business being in the cage with Jon Jones.

We're not talking about the legitimacy of Glover's win. Glover won fair and square and he's an overall better fighter than Bader but we're talking about whether Glover would be any match for Jon Jones and if you're a few seconds from being put away on the feet(not the gorund) by Ryan Bader you really have no business being in the cage with Jon Jones.

Glover was no where near of few seconds to be put out by Bader, especially not in the last exchange where Glover easily deflected two hooks and answered with his own combination. He was shakey before that, but recovered quickly and put Bader out promptly.

He was not seconds away from being put out by Bader.

1.gif

He got caught by the left and everything else was blocked/deflected.

I see Jones just picking him apart from the outside for all five rounds but if Glover is badly gassed during the later rounds, I see Jones finishing him

He was not seconds away from being put out by Bader.

1.gif

He got caught by the left and everything else was blocked/deflected.

To me it looks like he's a shot or two from going down.

dont know what fight ppl were watching

if anything he proved he can take a big punch (non issue vs jones) n can out grappler an "all american".

he might be slow, but seems strong as hell.

i wouldnt be suprised if he could even out grapple jones.

Guys if Glover didn't throw that shot Bader would have finished him.

Hope you are trolling but still you are right.
Also
If Jones didn't take Bader down and didn't throw shots, Bader would have finished him.:icon_twis

Glover has a real chance, I believe, after seeing JoJo tonight.

Bombs v. Pillow Fists: who ya got?

:D

Glover is built like a tank. JoJo like a deer. Ready to snap.

Back