Glove question

javashred

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just joined an MMA gym and need some advice on gloves.

We will be doing bag work and focus mits. Which oz glove to get that I could use for both?

get some bag/training gloves, 16oz. i.e. boxing gloves.

depending on how much you want to hurt your training partners you may want to avoid MMA gloves... (the 4oz ones) for a while.

~Foz

depending on how much you want to hurt your training partners you may want to avoid MMA gloves... (the 4oz ones) for a while.

~Foz

~Foz

Cool Foz. Thanks for the reply.

I train with 10oz gloves for everything, but most people use 14 or 16 oz

You might try Fairtex's Heavy Hitter Gloves. They have a great fit and feel and there's something about Fairtex gloves that makes you feel the transfer of power. The only downer is that they can be quite a bit more expensive (retail $109.99)

Full Contact Outlet

Go with 16s man they're kind of the universal glove for everything...you'll most likely get the most use out of those so spend a little on them if you have it ;) Twins or Windy are always a safe bet my .02

Everyones hit the ball here. Don't get anything too small if your going to be sparring, because that hurts on the other end of a punch.

I would use 16 oz gloves unless you are a big guy (over 210lbs) then I would use 18 oz

Back