Glove karate (Shidokan)

anyone know why this thread was moved here from the kickboxing forum?

Thank you for posting the fights Shinkyoku. I was surprised that Satake ended up winning that fight against Hug I thought that Hug should have taken the decision.

I THINK this is affiliated to the all-japan glove karate federation. But I am not sure.
I am sure it is not shinkarate, but it could be some other minor organization.
Please note that several fighters are not wearing karateGi, and some other have white belts. This means that they are kick/thai boxers fighting in glove karate, not really karate practitioners.

BTW got to love the "grove karate" :)

Last edited:
I THINK this is affiliated to the all-japan glove karate federation. But I am not sure.
I am sure it is not shinkarate, but it could be some other minor organization.
Please note that several fighters are not wearing karateGi, and some other have white belts. This means that they are kick/thai boxers fighting in glove karate, not really karate practitioners.

BTW got to love the "grove karate" :)

Quite entertaining to watch Karatekas against kickboxers and Thai boxers.

Nice post, as usual, Shinkyoku. Thanks for the amazing videos.

Classic clip with a challenge event. Oyama karate vs seidokaikan vs kyokushin.
Separate trad knockdown karate and glove karate bouts.
Nicholas Pettas (kyokushin, k-1) is shown as it was just when he was to switch from from knockdown to kickboxing, and used this as practice.

Last edited:
Otsuki Haruaki vs Genki Yamamoto. Two top japanese kickboxers.
shinkarate.
Exhibition fight. but still good to see.

Last edited:
Nothing spectacular. A karate guy vs a kickboxer in a run of the mill shinkarate bout.

Blond fighter is Keisuke Nakamura (team Dragon, a well known team/gym in both shinkarate and kickboxing). Now a Pro-kickboxer fighting in KRUSH.
Back then ranked shinkarate fighter

Great stuff. Keep them coming.
From what style karate those karatekas comes from?

Don't know why but kickboxing in a gi is appealing to me.

Nice to know that such a simple concept gets a fancy Japanese name just to sound spectacular.

Great stuff. Keep them coming.
From what style karate those karatekas comes from?

Glove karate can be done by any style -but the step is much bigger for WKF point karate guys than it is for knockdown karate guys.

The shidokan glove karate events are filled with shidokan karate practitioners.
Shinkarate and other glove karate federation tournaments are filled with all kinds of styles.
Shinkarate is a style aswell as a sport federation, but only a few dojos actually trains the style, with many many more joining in for the tournament and continue practice whatever style/art they did before.

The big Kyokushin organizations do not officially compete with glove karate rules, but it is becoming more and more common for kyokushin fighters to try it with their dojo

Last edited:
Nice to know that such a simple concept gets a fancy Japanese name just to sound spectacular.

I do not know if it is to sound spectacular.
Adding gloves to kyokushin style fighting and add headpunching is indeed a simple concept. But it is surprising how many seems to think that it then is no longer karate. This is true of both karate "purists" and of karate haters.

Masaaki Noiri, Shinkarate championship. Before he went to k-1 Max and KRUSH.

thanks! masaaki noiri is one of my favourite japanese fighters.

Back