GLORY Vice-Chairman: “It was our decision to release Sitthichai”

When they are not acting like an American company..... They wanted so bad to keep Van Soest as their champion again... Same with Van Nostrand.
I don"t mind wanting North-American champions since they try to penetrate in North America (Canada is also included). Just that Marat defending Gashi after fighting Sittichai was laughable. So you need to know where to make those matches.

To be fair, Adegbuyi got two shots at Rico's title. They would be doing the same thing with him that they did with Marat had they given him another shot.

Most of these issues are a result of thin divisions. Glory does rematches a lot not because it's what the fans are clamoring for, its because they run out of other options.

Well, I am just saying Marat being like Dutch received 4 chances. Not 2. :)) In a short time, this is something unreal. Especially because he also lost in Kunlun, so he was 0-4 against Sittichai. It is the rarest case ever, they wrote "history" with it.

I totally agree with 2nd. There were and are fighters. Their mistakes. Wondering why Zelaznik resigned, I doubt it is the exodus. Maybe he paid the price...

They didn’t want to see Sittichai dominate the division again and make all the other contenders look like nobodies. scared that their Dutchie Marat was gonna lose the belt against sittichai.

Yup Sitti wanted to leave, which absolutely makes sense for him as ONE does things in Asia and Thailand. Better build his career more in front of the eyes there unless he was paid straight up much more by Glory.

Glory didn't really seem to know what to do with Sitthichai either. This statement from Glory was a bit unnecessary I feel. Some ~Glory fighters have gone to ONE and their CEO resigned. The CEO news also seemed to be, "maybe", leaked out by their previous CEO for some reason. Don't think Glory wanted the news out yet and were caught with their pants down. Now they felt like they had to say something I guess.
They are salty that they can’t compete with one

Glory acts like a Dutch promotion. Shame. Fucking 4 title chances, this is unreal! Adegbuyi won not 1, but 3 contender tournaments. Every Dutch linked to the matchmakers is getting 50 chances.

Imagine what a fighter like Sittichai thinks, when you have to meet the guy for the 4th time!!! Plus their fights were not really attractive to be honest. The fans didn"t ask for them.

Marat takes on Gashi and Beztati after. Defending against a fighter like Beztati, without experience and beaten by Koprivlenski. And Gashi is a sort of bum.

The problem is not a bloody division, accept the best LWs will be in ONE! But One Championship is "stealing" more and Glory does not even sign more fighters instead of so many lost. It is chaos!
The Surinamese Londt won a contender tournament too but they didn’t give him the title shot. I believe he would have lost but they saw him as a threat to their Dutch champion

Well, I am just saying Marat being like Dutch received 4 chances. Not 2. :)) In a short time, this is something unreal. Especially because he also lost in Kunlun, so he was 0-4 against Sittichai. It is the rarest case ever, they wrote "history" with it.
4 chances in the same promotion is pretty absurd. Sure, we've seen fighters have multiple fights but not when one side is always losing.

The Surinamese Londt won a contender tournament too but they didn’t give him the title shot. I believe he would have lost but they saw him as a threat to their Dutch champion
Londt should have been signed right after K-1, 3 years he was kept on regional promotions!!! Why? Because he had contract with Tholel, and not with the friends of the matchmakers.

Glory is exactly the cause of Londt decrease.

Then I totally understand Londt looked bad against Ben Saddik, simply because he was in the same position like Adegbuyi! Londt won a contender tournament and did not receive any chance. Was probably too frustrated even to train.

I think winning Silva, Wilnis and Gerges was enough, he was also coming from the position of runner-up in K-1.

Adegbuyi has often complained only about 1 thing: he is not kept active. Instead of booking poor and cheap fighters from Slovakia or whatever, Glory should have booked their top fighters!

4 chances in the same promotion is pretty absurd. Sure, we've seen fighters have multiple fights but not when one side is always losing.

I only remember Kudin and Zhuravlev in the past decade, actually their rivalry stated in 2007. But Kudin won the 1st fight, went to lose next 4. Actually they had 6 fights (1 was a draw), but honestly it was bloody "CLUB ARBAT" in Moscow tournaments. :)

Marat was 0-4 and they were still booking him to fight for the title of Sittichai..

Bang Rachan, Londt in prime was a beast! A fear! Not Lazaar, Braddock Silva, Antonio Silva, Guto and even Brestovac (Londt KOed Brestovac easily). And the stupid Gentleman (Benny) was stupid to go to the gym of Verhoeven. In Romania he had speed, if we watch the fights against Londt, Lascenko, Zhuravlev and Gerges. Krauweel was training Verhoeven, Arnaldo Silva with 0 experience in training was training Adegbuyi. Also absurd situation for stupid Adegbuyi! Silva was in the super middleweight category I think.

Imagine Rico losing the 2nd decision to Ghiță, it would have changed his future. Or not being well booked.

That"s why I have respect for Sittichai, because he was always fighting elite.

They are salty that they can’t compete with one
At least the LW is "pawned".

Last edited:
Bang Rachan, Londt in prime was a beast! A fear! Not Lazaar, Braddock Silva, Antonio Silva, Guto and even Brestovac (Londt KOed Brestovac easily). And the stupid Gentleman (Benny) was stupid to go to the gym of Verhoeven. In Romania he had speed, if we watch the fights against Londt, Lascenko, Zhuravlev and Gerges. Krauweel was training Verhoeven, Arnaldo Silva with 0 experience in training was training Adegbuyi. Also absurd situation for stupid Adegbuyi! Silva was in the super middleweight category I think.

Imagine Rico losing the 2nd decision to Ghiță, it would have changed his future. Or not being well booked.

That"s why I have respect for Sittichai, because he was always fighting elite.

At least the LW is "pawned".
Londt was one of the best. I wish glory didn’t play him around.
For me Benny moving to train with rico was a strange one. He should have at least moved to a different dutch gym

netherlands is on the decline in the world stage for kickboxing/muay thai.

Back