GLORY Returns to Rotterdam with Eight-Man Heavyweight Tournament

I don't really follow Glory but is there any reason given why Rico Verhoeven is not participating?

I don't know what's the point of going to the trouble of having a tournament without your best heavyweights?

I don't really follow Glory but is there any reason given why Rico Verhoeven is not participating?

I don't know what's the point of going to the trouble of having a tournament without your best heavyweights?

The way Glory uses tournaments is just to find someone for the champions to fight.

I think Benny will take this. If so they should give him a fight against Verhoeven in romania.

I think Benny will take this. If so they should give him a fight against Verhoeven in romania.
Kind of hard to get excited about that based on Rico already beating him twice, the second time brutally, and the fact that Benny is a training partner with Rico now.

Kind of hard to get excited about that based on Rico already beating him twice, the second time brutally, and the fact that Benny is a training partner with Rico now.
Top boxers fought eachother even 3-4 times, top kickboxers must fight eachothers even 4-6 times like Hoost and Aerts.

We have a brand new 10-k seater in the hometown of Benny, Cluj Napoca. Very international city, full of Romanian and foreign students. It is known as European Silicon Valley.

I think the things would totally change in Romania, we will fill that arena and put a lot of pressure on Rico. What you see in Amsterdam it"s nothing.

And Verhoeven was hurt by Ben Saddik. I don"t think Adegbuyi did so well in Glory in all of his fights. Like he did against Zhuravlev, Lascenko or prime Londt for example.

My only problems now are with this tournament from Rotterdam and with Benny"s gym. Training with Verhoeven"s coach might be a Glory tactic or possibly only Dutch one. But don"t forget also that the matchmaking is Dutch in Glory.

Basically what did Adegbuyi at the rematch? First, he was anyway pretty fresh in the Netherlands then. He had to train or to be trained by Aalviar Lima instead of Dennis Krauweel. Lima a former very good lightweight but with no results as a coach (he is a beginner, moreover he was a MAX fighter).

Now at Rotterdam I am afraid of that injury of Adegbuyi. I can"t tell you where it was, because it"s a secret. He also missed part of his training in the Netherlands, which started later. He was delayed by an injury which was healed by a Bucharest clinic. Then, he did some unusual things. This time he brought his wife and family (kid included I mean) there. And it"s dangerous to change things, to add things you didn"t do until before an important event.

I wish he would leave Super Pro. Before in Lille he was with Respect Gym Bucharest of Alin Panaite (ex-Stoicas coach also). If he wins this tournament, I will very happy. Soon or later you lose your position. Even Verhoeven will lose it, even with protection. Adegbuyi is ranked #2 since 3-4 years now. You need to have quality to hold so many years, and the people should show a lot of respect.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I can also have respect for Rico Verhoeven"s improvement, but at least Ghiță vs. Verhoeven II was a pure robbery. I watched that fight several times just for proving to myself Daniel was the winner. He won 3-4 roudns out of the total of 5.

In rest no real theats, only from Ben Saddik. Badr was far from an active period and injured his arm, Zimmerman was coming off the brutal loss against Ghiță, while Silva and Inocente are funny opponents. Brestovac improved but not to the elite and has no cardio for five rounds. Plus Lazaar the hamburger and Antonio Silva (who?).

They should test him with Adegbuyi in Romania (because in a trilogy he also deserves a bout at his place) and Ben Saddik ASAP. Ben Saddik so far was a kind of Duut.

The way Glory uses tournaments is just to find someone for the champions to fight.

No, because Adegbuyi won two contender tournament and was not given this chance. This tournament anyway in their heads is all for the money. A lot of money, and 8 men tournament instead of 4.

It"s a kind of grand slam without Verhoeven.

Last edited:
until these last years Saddik was the only who showed real danger against Verhoeven,the first 2 rounds verhoeven survived against some heavy leather.

i hope somehow he wins( bad cardio to win an 8 man, but who knows if he knock his first 2 opponents out quickly)

Verhoeven vs Adegbuyi 3 would just show again how dominant Verhoeven is by beating the guy who haves most success behind him for the 3rd time.

2 weeks from the event and we dont know the tournament schedule...

What's up with Ismael Londt?

He seems to fight only once a year lately, is he injured or something?

Londt has win vs Verhoeven when both were young + big wins vs Gerges, Anderson, Wilnis, Brestovac, Zhuravlev, Laschenko.
Why Glory never tested Verhoeven with Londt when he won contender tournament in 2016 and why Londt isn't in this tournament?

Top boxers fought eachother even 3-4 times, top kickboxers must fight eachothers even 4-6 times like Hoost and Aerts.

We have a brand new 10-k seater in the hometown of Benny, Cluj Napoca. Very international city, full of Romanian and foreign students. It is known as European Silicon Valley.

I think the things would totally change in Romania, we will fill that arena and put a lot of pressure on Rico. What you see in Amsterdam it"s nothing.

And Verhoeven was hurt by Ben Saddik. I don"t think Adegbuyi did so well in Glory in all of his fights. Like he did against Zhuravlev, Lascenko or prime Londt for example.

My only problems now are with this tournament from Rotterdam and with Benny"s gym. Training with Verhoeven"s coach might be a Glory tactic or possibly only Dutch one. But don"t forget also that the matchmaking is Dutch in Glory.

Basically what did Adegbuyi at the rematch? First, he was anyway pretty fresh in the Netherlands then. He had to train or to be trained by Aalviar Lima instead of Dennis Krauweel. Lima a former very good lightweight but with no results as a coach (he is a beginner, moreover he was a MAX fighter).

Now at Rotterdam I am afraid of that injury of Adegbuyi. I can"t tell you where it was, because it"s a secret. He also missed part of his training in the Netherlands, which started later. He was delayed by an injury which was healed by a Bucharest clinic. Then, he did some unusual things. This time he brought his wife and family (kid included I mean) there. And it"s dangerous to change things, to add things you didn"t do until before an important event.

I wish he would leave Super Pro. Before in Lille he was with Respect Gym Bucharest of Alin Panaite (ex-Stoicas coach also). If he wins this tournament, I will very happy. Soon or later you lose your position. Even Verhoeven will lose it, even with protection. Adegbuyi is ranked #2 since 3-4 years now. You need to have quality to hold so many years, and the people should show a lot of respect.

Instead of posting all these long rants.. i made you something to sum up 99% of your posts.
6QuCKf3.png

Feel free to use it. Save you a lot of time. Saves the rest a lot of boring shit to read.

But Onne, I do love the Netherlands! I criticized the matchmaking of Glory. I want equality for all. You would have done the same for yours. Please stop posting flags because I really feel bad now. Plus we are friends since years. I am just not for marginalization of many fighters, not just of ours.

But Onne, I do love the Netherlands! I criticized the matchmaking of Glory. I want equality for all. You would have done the same for yours. Please stop posting flags because I really feel bad now. Plus we are friends since years. I am just not for marginalization of many fighters, not just of ours.

But then you also say things like this:

"it"s impossible not to love the Romanian fighters, because we have KO power. Even from your Dutch perspective it"s impossible not to like them. Because you don"t bring the KO power since the era of Hoost and Aerts. The current are even more boring than Schilt, but at least Schilt was pointing like Verhoeven but was stopping them. Schilt was still a beast. Just take a look at Michael Duut, he is like we say in Romanian: DEZORDONAT! Aka disorderly, messy, even though he has the knockout power. Now if we compare him to Andrei Stoica, Stoica is also aggressive but can also box very technically, plus he all the Romanian user their leg kicks. Yeah, I do believe we are spectacular and showmen even when we lose."

Real talk Broadcast:

You love to super exaggerate Romania(ns) and also try and associate anything with Romania if it's good even when in reality there's nothing there. Pretty much any fighter who's ever even seen an SK logo is an SK alumni if you were to be listened to. Pereira basically has fuck all to do with SK for example. Looking at his record, if I were to describe him to anyone I'd literally mention Superkombat last out of all the promotion he's ever fought for.

Yeah there's been some nice kb from Romania but juuuuuussssst with the twisting everything into a positive...

Back