Glory 76: Badr Hari vs Benjamin Adebguyi, Doumbe vs Groenhart (November 7)

Even here he is still more entertaining than Rico. Rico is very impressive, but loves to clinch, does not have the volumes of Gerges/Wilnis and is still not a really KO artist. Schilt also did not have a hugely attractive style, but he was brutal.

gloryhole still got a pulse? Is Alex Pereira fighting?

I see a lot of people saying glory is done for, is this event in question?

Also If it takes place would be interesting how Adegbuyi matches up to Badr

I'm very new and definitely a "casual" when it comes to Kickboxing, but I'm very excited for this card. The last one I watched was Rico vs Badr and I now have UFC Fight Pass so I'm pumped.

People I know are:
-Rico Verhoeven
-Badr Hari
-Alex Pereira
-Adesanya (back when he was in Kickboxing, this is really my introduction to the sport as I went back and watched every fight I could find on video of his from his Kickboxing/Muay Thai days)
-Marcus Simon
-Jason Wilnis
-Joe Shilling
-Raymond Daniels

Who are some other bada**es I should look into since I'm just new to the sport (women fighters too) and please don't leave out Muay Thai fighters! I've heard some legendary names, but haven't watched much.

Thanks.

No I think this event is going to happen. I am more optimistic about glory’s future than a lot of people here. I think glory has a 50/50 chance of pulling through.

They are not done, but they probably faced insolvency according to the rumors. Which is bad for your image. Who knows, they can even return more financially powerful. This next event looks great. Glory still hold the same roster, besides the LW, plus they signed new faces like Raul Catinas and Levi Rigters. And will keep signing more.

Who are some other bada**es I should look into since I'm just new to the sport (women fighters too) and please don't leave out Muay Thai fighters! I've heard some legendary names, but haven't watched much.

Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_(kickboxing)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONE_Championship

I'm very new and definitely a "casual" when it comes to Kickboxing, but I'm very excited for this card. The last one I watched was Rico vs Badr and I now have UFC Fight Pass so I'm pumped.

People I know are:
-Rico Verhoeven
-Badr Hari
-Alex Pereira
-Adesanya (back when he was in Kickboxing, this is really my introduction to the sport as I went back and watched every fight I could find on video of his from his Kickboxing/Muay Thai days)
-Marcus Simon
-Jason Wilnis
-Joe Shilling
-Raymond Daniels

Thanks.
Just a couple from the top of my head (kickboxing): Cedric Doumbe, Marat Grigorian, Superbon, Sittichai, Petrosyan, Petchpanomrung, Jordan Pikkeur, Wei Rui, Qiu Jian Liang, Takeru, Tenshin.

Also for older fighters you can check out Buakaw, Yodsanklai, Masato, Yoshihiro Sato, Andy Souwer, Mike Zambidis, Arthur Kyshenko, Albert Kraus, Andy Ristie

For muay thai there are so many fighters so difficult to name a few. But i'd say out of the current fighters, these guys are pretty big names: Rodtang, Rungkit, Sangmanee, Tawanchai, Nuenglanlek, Kaonar, Superlek, Kulabdam, Panpayak Jitmuangnon. There is a lot more but that should be a good start.

Just a couple from the top of my head (kickboxing): Cedric Doumbe, Marat Grigorian, Superbon, Sittichai, Petrosyan, Petchpanomrung, Jordan Pikkeur, Wei Rui, Qiu Jian Liang, Takeru, Tenshin.

Also for older fighters you can check out Buakaw, Yodsanklai, Masato, Yoshihiro Sato, Andy Souwer, Mike Zambidis, Arthur Kyshenko, Albert Kraus, Andy Ristie

For muay thai there are so many fighters so difficult to name a few. But i'd say out of the current fighters, these guys are pretty big names: Rodtang, Rungkit, Sangmanee, Tawanchai, Nuenglanlek, Kaonar, Superlek, Kulabdam, Panpayak Jitmuangnon. There is a lot more but that should be a good start.

Thank you so much! I’m going to start checking these guys out!

According to Gazeta Sporturilor, the fans of Hari assault the wife of Adegbuyi with messages: "Badr will kill Benny!"

https://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/altele/...gbuyi-badr-is-going-to-kill-benny-610489.html

The Moroccan fans are known to be vocal. However, it will be a fight without a crowd. It will be interesting to see how will this affect Badr Hari. I don`t think Benny will be upset about it. It is to his advantage. If Badr will get hurt a third time, unfortunately I think this will be the end of his professional career. This would be a huge blow to the sport. Hopefully we will see a full fight this time, whatever the outcome.

Going forward it'll be interesting to see how the broadcasts are. No SFS/numbered event this time anyway, some staying format changes? Wonder about Grisham and Valtellini too. Do they get tv contracts back etc.

I just wonder who they talked into to burning a dumpster full of cash this time?
They are using the highest paid fighter on the roster when they can not have fans so that means no gate money and they have fewer tv contracts than before so I don't see how this "new" glory plans on surviving

They say there will be PPV broadcast, worth 13 euros. Anyway, I will pay the price if I don"t find alternative than Glory"s site(s). I paid even 100 euros for tickets in the Netherlands at the biggest events.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to confirm if Fight Pass is still on? As I understand that contract would have ended when they went into receivership.

The PPV model nearly killed them before already.

According to Fight Magazine of Australia, it is. It is on UFC Fight Pass.

Last edited:
I am tempted to give 13 euros for this card. Although for Europeans it seems a little bit off since we are not used to this. Maybe Glory will publish the fights on their website or it will be published on youtube by someone. I know, I know, this is not the point and I know that in these delicate times we should all help Glory to recover...

Rigters is taking on a big fight now, we will definitely see him where he stands if the good face of Jahfarr Wilnis shows up. The Polish is out.

Anyway, some of my Dutch friends told me they have never paid for a stream since "they are Europeans". Don"t worry, many Romanians will buy it! I mean, come on, you paid 100 euro tickets in Rotterdam at It"s Showtime and other shows! If Glory would come to Romania, the tickets would be I guess between 25 and 50 euros (the general ones). The normal price for my pocket would have been maximum 12 dollars, but I will buy it even with 15. Everytime when I go out, to the mall (well, not now in the pandemic), I am spending about 10 dollars. And this is basically the minimum you can get for transport and drinks (and something more but hardly cinema), if you"re not from the area.

So Glory, since Romania was top 4 as customers (nations rankings) who paid for the last PPV you should have already hosted here dozens of events. Now it"s shown who are fans! I still expect you to sign some Romanian rising stars at least.

Notice some of us earn less and we still pay the same price for anything, including Netflix. Anyway, if you want Glory and kickboxing not to disappear, we should consider paying for the PPV. People asking me what I"ve done for the sport, but I used to pay for VIP tables.

Back