Glory 76: Badr Hari vs Benjamin Adebguyi, Doumbe vs Groenhart (November 7)

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Two very exciting fights announced for november 7.

Edit: I read the post too fast, it should be Benjamin Adebguyi, not Ben Saddik. Can any moderator change the title?

You can edit titles!

Morocco%E2%80%99s-Badr-Hari-to-Face-Off-Against-Benjamin-Adegbuyi-November-7.png

Last edited:
No crowd. :(

The event will take place in a studio location in Holland, closed to the public, and will be produced with only essential personnel in attendance. Full distribution and fight card details will be shared with fans in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Curious as to where this is being broadcasted and how to watch?

Both awesome fights. If Benny comes ready with his head in the right place he has a very real chance of winning. I'd even favor him simply because of Badr's self sabotage habit.

Both awesome fights. If Benny comes ready with his head in the right place he has a very real chance of winning. I'd even favor him simply because of Badr's self sabotage habit.
The Badr that showed up against Rico last December is in my opinion far and away the best Heavyweight in the world. If he actually decides to show up is an entirely different question.

The Badr that showed up against Rico last December is in my opinion far and away the best Heavyweight in the world. If he actually decides to show up is an entirely different question.
That same Badr also lost though.

That same Badr also lost though.
He also looked seconds away from finishing Rico before that spin kick he tried to pull. To be fair those low kicks Rico was throwing could have won him the fight in the end if he managed to survive long enough.

Badr can only fight 1.5 round nowadays before he gasses or injures himself. Hope Benjamin keeps his cool and fights intelligently.

If he will show up differently it"s only his problem, his mistake. As good as he looked against Rico, there should be no problems. To look the same. Even so, we are in the heavyweight division where a punch can change everything.

Badr can only fight 1.5 round nowadays before he gasses or injures himself. Hope Benjamin keeps his cool and fights intelligently.

It"s a 3-round fight now and Badr really looked fantastic against Rico in their last encounter.

Very excited for Doumbe VS Groenhart. I think Doumbe is going to KO him

How many rounds will this fight be though?

I think Badr will have a huge pressure to win this fight. It will all depend on his mental state and his joints. I have the impression that his joints and ligaments are cracking down after years of abuse and steroid use. This can be a problem in the later rounds.

How good is Benny?
He's for sure top 3, I put him behind Rico and JBS for obvious reasons. I'd say he's pretty much tied with Badr for the third spot so this is a great fight to make. I think Badr is the more dangerous fighter though, but also the one more prone to shit going wrong. Adegbuyi has a chance IMO, especially if Badr isn't as serious about this fight. I also wouldn't be shocked if Badr KO's him.

He's for sure top 3, I put him behind Rico and JBS for obvious reasons. I'd say he's pretty much tied with Badr for the third spot so this is a great fight to make. I think Badr is the more dangerous fighter though, but also the one more prone to shit going wrong. Adegbuyi has a chance IMO, especially if Badr isn't as serious about this fight. I also wouldn't be shocked if Badr KO's him.
Anyway rankings aside, I haven't really seen anything from Benny that really impressed me. He looled to be solid but that was it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he is taking these fights on their field. The Moroccans are like home, especially in Rotterdam, Verhoeven was home.

The situation would have been changed in Romania. The home factor is massive in boxing for example. If I am not wrong, Benny injured Ben Saddik and not Ben Saddik got injured. Also, in that tournament Jamal was a lot less tired and less damaged. I am not saying he could not be better, but Adegbuyi told media he was pretty much very damaged before the final. JBS fought a seriously and severely damaged Inocente in the semifinal.

Glory also did not keep him active. In my opinion Adegbuyi had the talent to be the HW champion. But you need experience. Plus I think he made a mistake with Superpro.

Anyway rankings aside, I haven't really seen anything from Benny that really impressed me. He looled to be solid but that was it.

He beat twice prime Gerges or close to prime Gerges, three times the best version of Wilnis that is elite, brutally stopped Zhuravlev and Lascenko, defeated also PRIME Londt IN Suriname at his place and three times Brestovac (last 2 times Mladen was a punching bag, should have lost both fights by stoppage and also in their 1st fight in Romania knocked a much more experienced Croatian down before winning UD). Not even counting the two decent wins over Marshall. So I think he is legit. IN UFC HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ALREADY ABOUT 2 TIMES, IF NOT 3, THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. Because MMA sucks as competition. He would have fought 5-6 times against Rico.

Unfortunately Benny has only had 2 easy fights in Glory. In the beginning, against Bezus and Sam. Third versus Tafa and the Polish, but those were tournaments. Rare fights to look good, Gerges is very hard to be stopped (Ghiţă did that). Plus Glory were stupid to match him over and over again against the same opponents (twice Verhoeven, Gerges, Wilnis, Brestovac and Marshall).

He is also fighting differently since the Netherlands. Before in Superkombat he was remarked on his first fights. I mean many fans knew he is gonna reach the top. I am saying differently like very fast and aggressive. Now he just shocks a bit, because of his massive power. He is pure brute now, powerful. Before he was all.

In these fights his talent is more visible.

You must watch Londt vs. Adegbuyi, that was prime Londt (the Beast). Prime Londt would have demolished the Badr version from Chechnya.

Last edited:
Back