Glory 25 Milan???

C'mon Dave un-weird it all for us! So so many rumours, might be's, deadlines with no info on what happens after etc. going on it's nutty.

basically anything you have heard more than once in the last month is true. Bellator/viacom has signed at least one fighter that i know of to a kb deal and they are not fighting on the dynamite show. I have heard of a couple others being contacted also about future events.
That combined with the the october glory date being the same day as a bellator show along with ceo talking about other tv outlets means they are gone from spike like has been rumored for months.
For fucks sake they couldn't even replace the glory fw title fight on dynamite with glory fighters. Instead we get a fight between a woman who retired years ago after having a kid and her opponent who is 1-4 in mma with no kb experience

Sk has got a new investor and they are in the process of contacting big name fighters. I was told sittichai has been approached by sk so something big is coming from them also

Maybe yeah. Lots of unconfirmed probable stuff of other orgs and fighters around too.

I have been informed by a very reliable member of this forum that Superkombat has acquired every contract of Glory's and will soon be taking the US by storm.

I have been informed by a very reliable member of this forum that Superkombat has acquired every contract of Glory's and will soon be taking the US by storm.

Fine with me. Because Glory is complete shit right now.

I cant wait until mr I am informed JJ is proved wrong and I am proven right about the Spike/Coker KB shows though.

I think that was a joke which lost its humor through the medium known as the internet

I cant wait until mr I am informed JJ is proved wrong and I am proven right about the Spike/Coker KB shows though.

He wasn't serious. If he was rude lb / spong would have made 5 threads already about how much better sk is than glory and how he told everyone for months

Doesn't SK pay pretty bad though? I'm guessing eurosport or whatever channel they are on doesn't pay shit, so unless the new investor is investing a lot of money I don't see how they'll be able to afford the big names.
Let's face it, if you are a champion you want to live like a champion, you can't blame Badr for going for that dictator money.

Doesn't SK pay pretty bad though? I'm guessing eurosport or whatever channel they are on doesn't pay shit, so unless the new investor is investing a lot of money I don't see how they'll be able to afford the big names.
Let's face it, if you are a champion you want to live like a champion, you can't blame Badr for going for that dictator money.

Some of their purses are at Bellator level but overall less for non-mainstays. Eurosport is a big pan-European channel, the most known sports channel of Europe (every house has it), but is more for exposure - the big money are coming from the regional televisions. Apart from maximum 2-3 countries from here, the people are not used with the PPVs.

Badr is a waste, he is not a champion anymore. A fit Londt would have knocked him out.

I think that was a joke which lost its humor through the medium known as the internet

Yeah, it was probably a joke. :)

lol what do you mean, until "you" are proved right? The entire online kickboxing fanbase has been discussing the coker/spike rumor for months, i dont think it was some exclusive news of yours?

And what is it i am supposed to be getting proved wrong about?

Eurosport is a lot like AXS TV in the States. It has reach, but not everyone has it, or not everyone watches it. They generally speaking don't pay anything at all, maybe for some of the bigger events they might pay something.

SK's pay is not great, but nobody in kickboxing is paying great right now outside of warlords and rich guys looking to launder money (or just lose money). You won't find fighters getting paid more than a few thousand just about anywhere.

lol what do you mean, until "you" are proved right? The entire online kickboxing fanbase has been discussing the coker/spike rumor for months, i dont think it was some exclusive news of yours?

And what is it i am supposed to be getting proved wrong about?

This forum is all about getting little snippets of what is actually going on and then deciding that it's 100% fact and running with it. What's funny to me is that people will get on you or I for not reporting on it, but don't understand that you can't just hear the inkling of a rumor and run with it. It's irresponsible, reckless and can ruin people's careers.

This forum is all about getting little snippets of what is actually going on and then deciding that it's 100% fact and running with it. What's funny to me is that people will get on you or I for not reporting on it, but don't understand that you can't just hear the inkling of a rumor and run with it. It's irresponsible, reckless and can ruin people's careers.

We know you can't report on it until it is confirmed but it would be nice if some of the writers would address some of the serious rumors besides cryptic statements on a forum or twitter. We all know you wouldn't be sticking this shit on here if you didn't have reliable sources. How hard is it to do articles like the ones you and jj just did about showtime meeting with glory? Were you not going to write them if franklin didn't confirm on the recored? How hard is it to put rumor's abound in a title heading when you have legit sources no matter if they want to go on the record or not.

How hard is it to do articles like the ones you and jj just did about showtime meeting with glory? Were you not going to write them if franklin didn't confirm on the record? How hard is it to put rumor's abound in a title heading when you have legit sources no matter if they want to go on the record or not.

it's an interesting question and i understand the frustration, but really there is no concrete answer here.

broadly speaking, if it's a key source who tells you something but won't go on the record, your decision to run the rumor or not depends on whether or not it will drop the source in the shit, or whether the source will be pissed off and no longer talk to you.

In theory you are supposed to try and receive corroboration wherever possible; running a piece based on a rumor from a single source is risky. People can be misinformed, or have an agenda, then you're misinforming your readers. Liverkick has a very commendable record for accuracy in a sport riven by rumor.

Being a rumor-mill is tempting because it is so click-baity - "Fedor spotted riding mechanical bull in gay bar?" "Badr Hari set to take part in X-Factor?" - but ultimately you end up with a fucking nonsense reputation, you become TMZ or something.

regarding the specific question on the Showtime/Franklin story, the initial news came from a twitter account, a guy by the name of Front Row Brian who has a lot of sources in MMA, ticket industry and some TV.

Once it was out there, the second stage was corroboration. In this instance Franklin provided a quote. Had he provided a denial, the story would have been "Franklin denies meeting" or whatever.

The tricky thing is when you seek corroboration and they just don't respond at all, neither confirm or deny. Then you're back in single source territory.

yeah but it makes for something to talk about for the day and fuck it, it's only people's careers and $$$, i say we just go for it.

Back