Glory 23 tv viewers

Extremely short-sighted view. A dominate top tier org that has strong tv deals and sells out big venues in good markets. Its grows kickboxings appeal to a wider audience and generates income that makes big pay days available and sustainable to them in the future.

Its mutually beneficial for Saki and Co to partner with Glory to help them succeed, be prepared to take a little less now to see kickboxing have a brighter future, which in turn benefits them. If not, its just a a bunch a bush league orgs and 'fly by night' operations. Interest in the sport plummets and so do any hope of the sport generating serious income that makes paying them the money they want possible.

Most fighters are hilariously short-sighted on this stuff. I can't blame them for wanting to get paid, but the sport clearly needs to be building towards the future. I'm not sure that the sport can handle any more of a fracture at this point, it's already such a fucking mess.

Most fighters are hilariously short-sighted on this stuff. I can't blame them for wanting to get paid, but the sport clearly needs to be building towards the future. I'm not sure that the sport can handle any more of a fracture at this point, it's already such a fucking mess.

To be honest, as much as I like Saki, Spong and Ghita, I don't really see them being a part of this sport (at least on the big international stages) in the future.

I mean, all the K-1 vet guys are pushing 30 these days. Given so many fights they've already taken, I won't be surprised if they just want to keep on doing one-off fights and cashing out. If Buakaw can make a living plying celebrity fights I don't see why the other vets don't.

And to be honest, I can't really blame them. With Glory spread across so many divisions and no annual tournament to build up to, there aren't really any big matchups I'm interested in seeing.

when you 26 like verhoven it make sense to try and build up glory but when you are in your 30's trying to make retirement money it would be a terrible idea. Realistically on the off change they can build the brand guys like saki would be pushing 40 before glory could ever afford their old purses and by that time his skills will have started to seriously deteriorate

the show pretty much only had Nieky, yes a top draw

but who really wanted to see him fight Daniels again??

hopefully the Bellator crossover helps

(and Tiffany van Soest vs Valentina Shevchenko to help the Kickboxing/Muay Thai worlds)

So spike is eventually going to steal all glorys talent then kick them to the curb? I love it lol.

That's for it's showtime you schmucks

Its Showtime was already going under, one of the best pieces of business Simon Rutz ever did was selling to Glory for an inflated price. Showtime was in trouble well before glory came along, they didnt know if brazil was going to be their last show or not. So put your pitchfork down, you know not of what you speak

No reason they wouldn't have gone on to do more shows. Enfusion sprung up with ~It's Showtime people with barely a break in between.

But yeah Glory probably paid them very well so great deal.

No reason they wouldn't have gone on to do more shows. Enfusion sprung up with ~It's Showtime people with barely a break in between.

But yeah Glory probably paid them very well so great deal.

enfusion was around at least 2 years before its showtime sold out

Is it really such a secret that Rutz had significant debt, one that once he got an offer from Glory to acquire IS he didn't think two seconds about accepting and afterwards gladly resigned form the fight business altogether?

Is it really such a secret that Rutz had significant debt, one that once he got an offer from Glory to acquire IS he didn't think two seconds about accepting and afterwards gladly resigned form the fight business altogether?

this

Damn, UFC prelims on FS2 did better ratings than that. That's what they get for pushing Jacoby so hard.

they had 295k tv viewers for the live spike broadcast

I guess the all american tournament and vigny didn't bring all those eye balls after all and even holzken could not save them who was on their 2 most watched shows.

Thats what UFC fight night cards to man. I would say thats pretty good.

Glory 23 was an inferior product, you get what you work for. That MW tournament was ridiculous, what's next - Glory trailer park tournament?

Thats what UFC fight night cards to man. I would say thats pretty good.
The last Fight Night on a channel comparable to Spike did 1.2 million viewers. These are FS2 numbers which is not good.

What would you expect with that shitty fight card?

http://mmapayout.com/2015/08/checking-in-on-spikes-re-branded-friday-night/

Little look into Spike's fightsport ratings.

For 2015 so far:
PBC - average of 664,000 viewers.
Glory - average of 320,000 viewers.
Bellator - average of 820,000 viewers.

Payout Perspective:

So far through 6 months of its new revamped lineup there are a couple things to draw from the ratings. First, Glory Kickboxing needs help. One might suggest that the co-promoted Bellator/Glory event in September should help Glory. Yet, for one reason or another, the sport is not gaining traction with viewers. Secondly, Bellator MMA seems to be on the rise. While we cannot conclude that Bellator MMA is substantially better under Scott Coker, the ratings suggest that it is drawing more viewers. The last “season” of Bellator drew respectable ratings and this year it remains consistent. Add the stable ratings to the quarterly tentpole event and you can see the room to grow for the brand.

I could completely understand Spike dropping Glory and replacing them with a kickboxing product from Bellator. They wouldn't do worse numbers and they'd have ownership if/when it became profitable. They already have the organization in place to run a fight promotion, wouldn't need to hire that many new people either.

I could completely understand Spike dropping Glory and replacing them with a kickboxing product from Bellator. They wouldn't do worse numbers and they'd have ownership if/when it became profitable. They already have the organization in place to run a fight promotion, wouldn't need to hire that many new people either.

i also see the logic of this. The only thing is that viacom shares are like 40% down lately and i dont think there is gonna be too much money lying around for new fight sport projects

i can see them looking to extend Glory's run but continue doing fuck all for them, whilst dabbling with hybrid shows once a quarter to see how bellator crew handle it, then maybe starting to put their own product together. Glory should see if Showtime is open for business and look to move on from Spike. That relationship is dysfunctional. Ever since being burned by the UFC, Spike has no interest in building any brand it does not own.

i also see the logic of this. The only thing is that viacom shares are like 40% down lately and i dont think there is gonna be too much money lying around for new fight sport projects

i can see them looking to extend Glory's run but continue doing fuck all for them, whilst dabbling with hybrid shows once a quarter to see how bellator crew handle it, then maybe starting to put their own product together. Glory should see if Showtime is open for business and look to move on from Spike. That relationship is dysfunctional. Ever since being burned by the UFC, Spike has no interest in building any brand it does not own.

Do you not think they tried to replace strikeforce on showtime? If showtime was not glory's first choice to try and sign a deal with they really were idiots. Showtime pays significantly better than spike. Strikeforce had a contract averaging around $500k an event and they were not even that popular when they signed that deal

Back