Glory 23 tv viewers

DastardlyMass

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
they had 295k tv viewers for the live spike broadcast

I guess the all american tournament and vigny didn't bring all those eye balls after all and even holzken could not save them who was on their 2 most watched shows.

Well um... fudge.

2ilotn5.png

^I just made this in 5 mins based on Bloodyelbow headlines, so could be wrong.

Was this their last on their contract with Spike? Things are not looking up.

I'm hearing that the new spike funded kb promotion is a definitely happening now also. Don't except anyone in the media with ties to glory to talk about it either until the official announcement. I was told it is because it can affect the new tv deals they are trying to get as they lose all barging power if other networks know spike is out of the bidding while also creating a competitor

So spike is eventually going to steal all glorys talent then kick them to the curb? I love it lol.

That's for it's showtime you schmucks

I'm hearing that the new spike funded kb promotion is a definitely happening now also. Don't except anyone in the media with ties to glory to talk about it either until the official announcement. I was told it is because it can affect the new tv deals they are trying to get as they lose all barging power if other networks know spike is out of the bidding while also creating a competitor

That's not true, I've talked about it before for sure. Nobody is talking on the record about it, though. You can't report shit on hearsay and through third parties alone.

Would be par for the course if this is true. The predictable cycle of kickboxing since K-1 collapsed.

That's not true, I've talked about it before for sure. Nobody is talking on the record about it, though. You can't report shit on hearsay and through third parties alone.

yes you and jj have talked about it before but it seems as soon as glory found out it was basically official everyone shut up and acted like the last month of speculation never happened.

Last edited:
yes you and jj have talked about it before but it seems as soon as glory found out it was basically official everyone shut up and acted like the last month of speculation never happened.

I'm still working on it. Some day someone will just outwardly say "Yup, this is what is happening." Until then it's a rumor and still might not happen. I heard from someone the other day that Spike was strongly considering renewing GLORY so who even knows. It's the wild west out there.

Is it true that they only reason glory is on the dynamite show is because joe shilling had an exclusive deal for stand up fights with glory? I've been told that was the deciding factor by more than one person i trust

I certainly respect the work that Glory has done and commend them for keeping the sport alive, however, if Spike is willing to do their own thing and really put 100% behind it to create a great product, I'm all for it. As things stand the Kickboxing scene is in a bad state. It needs something big to save it. This may be it.

Is it true that they only reason glory is on the dynamite show is because joe shilling had an exclusive deal for stand up fights with glory? I've been told that was the deciding factor by more than one person i trust

A bunch of factors in play, one of which is that Franklin has a good relationship with Spike TV, which is what helped.

Joe does have an exclusive kickboxing contract with GLORY, that much is true.

Fuck glory. They been playing a scumbag political game for many years now.

Payback is a bitch

I dont see how an american tv station running the premier kickboxing org can end well. Probably get Glory size ratings, then get buried in bad time slots and dropped after 2 years max.
Glory has been the closest we have come to a K-1 replacement but havent been able to take the next steps up. The top big name talent like Saki and Spong want the big days but dont realise if they dont help Glory grow its viewership there will never be any big paydays for them.

I dont see how an american tv station running the premier kickboxing org can end well. Probably get Glory size ratings, then get buried in bad time slots and dropped after 2 years max.
Glory has been the closest we have come to a K-1 replacement but havent been able to take the next steps up. The top big name talent like Saki and Spong want the big days but dont realise if they dont help Glory grow its viewership there will never be any big paydays for them.

Saki is getting those paydays.

Hell, even gerges is making double what he made in glory.

Saki is getting those paydays.

Hell, even gerges is making double what he made in glory.

Extremely short-sighted view. A dominate top tier org that has strong tv deals and sells out big venues in good markets. Its grows kickboxings appeal to a wider audience and generates income that makes big pay days available and sustainable to them in the future.

Its mutually beneficial for Saki and Co to partner with Glory to help them succeed, be prepared to take a little less now to see kickboxing have a brighter future, which in turn benefits them. If not, its just a a bunch a bush league orgs and 'fly by night' operations. Interest in the sport plummets and so do any hope of the sport generating serious income that makes paying them the money they want possible.

Back