Glory 19 + SFS: Virginia (Online+SPIKE TV) 18:30 EST LIVE DISCUSSION

Errol lost 5 from his 8 fights but you can"t say he"s not a beast. He"s just losing to world class opponents.

Yes, because it was not an injury provoked by his opponent. I think in such situation u get time to recover. I think Errol popped his knee cap and the doc was trying to put it back in place.

Anyway, Zimmerman tried something that he just can't do. Spinning kick with his ... body? Good luck trying that again :D

Injury or not, when someone goes down without taking a punch/kick, specially when the fighter is writhing in pain, then its basic to call the fight instead of waiting

He"s still a good fighter, right.

Yup.

Decent little card. Glory just needs to keep the momentum going unlike last year. The cards don't have to be stack they just have to be consistent.

Injury or not, when someone goes down without taking a punch/kick, specially when the fighter is writhing in pain, then its basic to call the fight instead of waiting

Read the Glory rules. We don"t know them. Normally in kickboxing for such a thing, you"re losing the match though. It"s strange but maybe Glory have different rules.

Yup.

Decent little card. Glory just needs to keep the momentum going unlike last year. The cards don't have to be stack they just have to be consistent.

I agree. I enjoyed the shit out of this card.

Hey, it's in their rules, not mine. I think their intention is for fights to end the normal way, so that's why recovery time is awarded for awkward situations like this one. You're telling me if there would be a chance for the fight to continue, you wouldn't accept it? Maybe the injury wasn't that bad and he could have continued. It happened that it was not the case, but at least try, right?

Only 5 hit on Kountermove, 30 dollars each. In rest, less than 2 dollars per capita. :)

Read the Glory rules. We don"t know them. Normally in kickboxing for such a thing, you"re losing the match though. It"s strange but maybe Glory have different rules.

Highly doubt that the refs of the promotion need to apply a different rule in separate from the general combat rules. If the fighter can't continue, its over, no in-ring doctor will heal a muscle, bone, cartilage, etc. so its done there and then.

All in all good card. Wished the Verhoeven/Zimmerman fight didn't end the way it did....but such is life.

Bazooka joe should just hand the title over to its rightful owner

Hey, it's in their rules, not mine. I think their intention is for fights to end the normal way, so that's why recovery time is awarded for awkward situations like this one. You're telling me if there would be a chance for the fight to continue, you wouldn't accept it? Maybe the injury wasn't that bad and he could have continued. It happened that it was not the case, but at least try, right?

It was clear that Zimmerman was not gonna get up. Sure, if there was a chance then there wouldn't be any problem. However, when the fighter is in visible pain and doesn't make an effort to get on his feet, then the 8 count is obsolete. Unless you think that the hands of the in-ring doctor are magical and can cure strains, then.......

Uh yes....He's in the conversation to be p4p...And if you bring up that he only looked okay in the first fight of the night...Well that's common in tournaments....Spong looked bad in the first fight against the Brazilian Cavalari before he fought Saki in the finals (Glory 15 Istanbul)...Spong barely won that fight against the Brazilian guy...

Holzken is a good fighter, no doubt. But compared to guys like Saki, Spong, Ristie, Petrosyan and Levin he's not on the same level. Everyone of those fighters are better than Holzken.

Holzken has proven himself tho so you can't hate on that

I'm not hating. I think Holzken is a great pressure fighter. Great power. His punches to the liver are among, if not the best in kickboxing.

In terms of his division and his Kickboxing record he's a beast.

Glory did it again! Very nice fights.

Hopefully they get a good rhythm of events going and keep the momentum.

Back