Glen Johnson Would Beat Saul At 175

We probably should turn this into a Road Warrior thread. A throwback.

I think the guy who makes the good Johnson video has been posting on here recently.

]

Well, I mean, people thought Roy would walk through him.

That version of Roy was totally mentally shot. He spent the whole fight against the ropes barely throwing a punch against a slow predictable journeyman. Prime Roy stops Johnson easily, so that fight should be totally ignored.

Big Glen Johnson fan here. Heck I have a poster of Johnson/Tarver on my wall, signed by Glen! I think Canelo/Johnson would be one hell of a fight. Battle of the relentless pressure and high guards. Canelo probably wins a Decision but Glen Johnson in his prime gave almost everyone hell win or lose

That version of Roy was totally mentally shot. He spent the whole fight against the ropes barely throwing a punch against a slow predictable journeyman. Prime Roy stops Johnson easily, so that fight should be totally ignored.

Yeah, it was obviously very easy to stop Glen Johnson.

It would have looked like the richard Hall fight.

yeahhhhh no, he definitely wouldn’t. he’d make it fun though.

We probably should turn this into a Road Warrior thread. A throwback.

I think the guy who makes the good Johnson video has been posting on here recently.

]

Glen Johnson was one of my favorites to watch back then. Always brought it and was never an easy fight for anybody, apart from what I consider to be a peak Bernard Hopkins.

Unfortunately the video was removed from Youtube about half a hundred times because of copyright issues, so it didn't turn out to be quite as good as I had hoped. Still, a nice little tribute to one of the toughest guys in the past 20 years. He deserves to be remembered.

Are you talking about a mythical match up?

A 2004 Johnson maybe, but today??

You know he’s retired well in to his 50’s right??

JOHNSON JOHNSON JOHNSON

gimme dat Johnson

The Glen Johnson that went 1-1-1 with Clinton Woods, or a different Glen Johnson?

Glen is such a Warrior that I would give him the edge over Saul at 175. Glen would not be bother by anything Saul throw and Lands on him. Saul doesn't have the KO power or Volume to keep a train like Glen off of him. And Glen had a sick over hand right and land that shit enough to Hurt Saul.

how y’all feel bout this now huh?

Can I start a "How Great was Glen Johnson?" thread?
I think it already exists actually

anyhow, Johnson somehow managed to be the only dude Ottke beat without robbery, that says something about this fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back