Movies Gladiator vs No Country For Old Men

Favourite

• Gladiator (2000)

• No Country For Old Men (2007)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Flip a coin. A strong case could be made for either. No Country is probably the better work of art, but Gladiator has more entertainment value. I'll go with Gladiator, for shits and gigs.

Last edited:
This is like asking "tacos or spaghetti?"

it's purely personal preference

it can't be debated that No Country is the better film from a technical and artistic aspect.

I think gladiator was classic, perfect film. One of the goats, no need for debate. Still voted No Country because I find it more enjoyable and rewatchable.

No country started off good then fell off some. Didn't like the make believe villain with a air pressure gun. Just dumb. Wish it was more realistic with a realistic hitman.

Gladiator is too long though and not my type of flick even though its better. No country.

No Country is another one of those "good movies that I don't have the urge to rewatch"

So Gladiator.

No country and it’s not close. Gladiator is a fun Hollywood blockbuster with a bit of depth and some cool performances. No country is a work of fucking art.

No Country for Old Men is probably one of the top 5 greatest films ever made IMO. It's as close to a perfect film as I think has ever been crafted. From performances, to story, to technical film making it's a masterpiece.

Gladiator is a very good film but the comparison is silly. I'm not completely sure Gladiotor is even the best Ridley Scott movie, let alone on the level of a No Country for Old Men. I do think it's justifiably more popular. It's more of a popcorn flick, a very approachable sword and sandal genre flick with over the top action set pieces and a handsome lead playing a tough guy.

I voted Gladiator, No Country is a good film, but I'm intrigued by the Roman Empire and how they lived back then.

Gladiator and it isn't close for me.

I was very underwhelmed with No Country for Old Men.

with the exception of the Coin toss scene, there was nothing really memorable about it.

as a Cormac McCarthy fan, I was a little disspointed.

Gladiator was/is an instant classic.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. But man, the tension in some of those scenes is among the best well-done I've seen. And the classic Cohen brothers way, of being able to seamlessly pepper in humor to an otherwise very dark tale(similar to Fargo, etc). The film is a 9/10, AFAIC.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. But man, the tension in some of those scenes is among the best well-done I've seen. And the classic Cohen brothers way, of being able to seamlessly pepper in humor to an otherwise very dark tale(similar to Fargo, etc). The film is a 9/10, AFAIC.

that's fair.

tbh, another reason why I was underwhelmed because I met a guy who coudn't stop raving about it. he said "this movie changed my life." and he wasn't being hyperbolic.

I go back and forth as to whether or not Gladiator was even a good movie to be completely honest

I much prefer the dialogue for No Country For Old Men.

Thought it was ok the first time I saw it, but really enjoyed it on subsequent viewings.

Great movie and highly rewatchable, IMO

I find myself quoting it often.

No Country for me.

"If the rule you followed brought you to this, then of what use was the rule?"

- Anton Chigurh

That used to be my sig. :)

Gladiator for entertainment value and rewatchability.

Back