Giving Homeless People Money

Bunch of suckers in this thread.

My wife volunteers at a homeless shelter and she said there's so many free resources for people that it's almost impossible for someone to starve to death and impossible for anyone to freeze to death.

Every dollar you give to these people only encourages more of them to beg. Many beggars aren't even homeless.

Also, maybe I'm just a cheap piece of shit, but $10 isn't something I like to give away to some stranger. I ended up only giving him $1. What do you think? Should I have just given him $10? What are your personal experiences with this?

I'm tired of these bullshit stories from these people. 'I'm a veteran', 'I just got out of the hospital', 'I need to buy gas', 'I need a bus ticket', 'I need some food', etc. …and than the religious part to try to make you feel guilty or that you are going to hell: 'God bless you anyway'.

I am a veteran and it pisses me off when these people try that excuse with me. I ask: 'What branch? What MOS? What unit? Where in Iraq? Where in Afghanistan? Yeah, we all need money. God bless you too buddy. I've traveled through many countries in the world and know what real poverty is. In the United States there is a whole infrastructure to help these people. There are also all sorts of charities and churches to help them out.

Street peddlers make more money than someone working at McDonalds at minimum wage. 90% percent of the money you give them is going to go towards drugs or alcohol. If you want to help them, buy them a meal.

Remember the lady in Miami who peddled the streets for money and drove a Mercedes? They pray on people's innocence and empathy. If people only knew what fools they are being made of. I had a lady one time ask me for money and she had a gold tooth with a diamond on it. Please. I've been made a fool too many times.

I'm tired of these bullshit stories from these people. 'I'm a veteran', 'I just got out of the hospital', 'I need to buy gas', 'I need a bus ticket', 'I need some food', etc. …and than the religious part to try to make you feel guilty or that you are going to hell: 'God bless you anyway'.

I am a veteran and it pisses me off when these people try that excuse with me. I ask: 'What branch? What MOS? What unit? Where in Iraq? Where in Afghanistan? Yeah, we all need money. God bless you too buddy. I've traveled through many countries in the world and know what real poverty is. In the United States there is a whole infrastructure to help these people. There are also all sorts of charities and churches to help them out.

Street peddlers make more money than someone working at McDonalds at minimum wage. 90% percent of the money you give them is going to go towards drugs or alcohol. If you want to help them, buy them a meal.

Remember the lady in Miami who peddled the streets for money and drove a Mercedes? They pray on people's innocence and empathy. If people only knew what fools they are being made of. I had a lady one time ask me for money and she had a gold tooth with a diamond on it. Please. I've been made a fool too many times.
<WellThere>

Toronto had a infamous case called The Shaky Lady.

A gypsy women beggar who would park herself at the corner of the financial district and have all sorts of people throwing $20 and even $50's in her begging bag. She looked like a sad, old frail grandma.

A reporter staked her out seeing the large bills being thrown in and took pictures of her across days. They estimate she was raking in several hundred a day tax free. The reporter followed her at the end of the day where she would go into an alley and hop in our private limo car drivers car who would drive her back and forth each day. They followed her to her nice home in the suburbs which was loaded with latest big screen tv's and stuff as spied by her creeper photo's,

When the newspaper ran the story on the Shaky Lady they got an immediate Cease and Desist from one of Toronto's most high powered law firms who said they were on retainer by the so called homeless person.

She stayed away from her corner for a few months but then returned and was making similar money very quickly.

Toronto had a infamous case called The Shaky Lady.

A gypsy women beggar who would park herself at the corner of the financial district and have all sorts of people throwing $20 and even $50's in her begging bag. She looked like a sad, old frail grandma.

A reporter staked her out seeing the large bills being thrown in and took pictures of her across days. They estimate she was raking in several hundred a day tax free. The reporter followed her at the end of the day where she would go into an alley and hop in our private limo car drivers car who would drive her back and forth each day. They followed her to her nice home in the suburbs which was loaded with latest big screen tv's and stuff as spied by her creeper photo's,

When the newspaper ran the story on the Shaky Lady they got an immediate Cease and Desist from one of Toronto's most high powered law firms who said they were on retainer by the so called homeless person.

She stayed away from her corner for a few months but then returned and was making similar money very quickly.

I have told my wife that I believe many of these people easily make 30 or more dollars an hour on average. No stats to back that up...just a guess. The ones who stand at the corner of the exit lanes off the highways rake it in. I have watched so many people hand over their money. ...human toll booths...

had a lady say her car needs gas and was over an hour away from home. The funny part is my cousin was with me and this same woman scammed him the week before. she still asked for a handout lol.

When my dad was alive he was approach by to guys begging for money, with some story about being homeless and poor.
Now he owned a cleaning company and offered them jobs on the spot.
They said no thanks and walked away.
I guess in their case being poor and homeless > having a job.

I give out dollars a couple times a week. Honestly it's not even that much at all, but it can help someone out to eat on the very least. I have it good, I have roof over my head, and good quality food to eat, so why not share some of it?

i know only one person who's homeless. we were child hood friends and took different paths in life. growing up, this guy was once my best friend and was very popular. of course his true colors emerged throughout the years. this dude would literally lie to friends giving a sob story to get a loan to buy drugs or gamble (of course he NEVER paid anybody back or hardly did), manipulated people to get what he wanted and was very egotistical. to sum it up, this dude was a piece of shit. fast foward a couple years, he became a homeless drug addict and can be seen sleeping at parks. just a reminder to you all, think about it before giving out your money to homeless people. they got themselves there for a very good reason and MOST likely aren't good people. besides, there's plenty of resources they can go through to get them out of that mess like ebt, shelters, housing, work programs, etc.. and u know what? OUR FUCKING TAX DOLLARS PAY FOR ALL THAT SHIT. leave garbage where it belongs because after giving money to the homeless, in your head, you're thinking u did a good thing but in their head, you're just another person who they hustled.

Last edited:
lol opie seems cheap. whats $10? id give it to him, and not care what he does with it. so long as the homeless arent an asshole to me, ill give out money.
Cheap for not wanting to give a total stranger $10?

If you truely enjoy throwing your money away like that, I can send you my bank info so you send me whatever you have.

Cheap for not wanting to give a total stranger $10?

If you truely enjoy throwing your money away like that, I can send you my bank info so you send me whatever you have.
sorry, i already have other people i buy things for xD
but yeah im really careless with money
meh

Most I have ever given anyone has been 50 cents.
giphy.gif

Bus ride is the oldest trick in the book.

But I don't mind helping someone buy some crack, so I usually help them out anyway.

My main takeaway from reading this thread is when I'm hunkering for some Wendy's, I should go out and beg. Like at my 3 mealtimes and a couple times in between for snacks.

"Yeah, I'll take a Baconator meal, super sized or whatever it's called. A strawberry milkshake too. Oh, and curly fries, gotta go with the curly fries. Baked potato with everything. Large chili. And one of those dessert pies. And 2 junior bacon cheeseburgers for later. Thanks brah!"

The amount of fuckers that come up to me in london asking for a quid to get the bus and I look down and see them wearing the latest pair of nike trainers i feel like headbutting them but I calmly tell them to piss off.

Back