Gi's

HA! I actually HAVE a GTMA gi!
They make a judo gi and a BJJ gi. I think mine is a BJJ gi, since I got it from the BJJ school I was training at at the time. I'm not sure which is the one I have, but if it's the BJJ model, the top is WAY long and loose, which is what you'd expect for a JUDO gi. The pants are pretty thin, but the top is quite heavy. I've had it for a while now so it has softened up a bit, but it's heavy when soaked with sweat.
I'd pay $40 for it again if I had to. But there are a lot of other good/better gi's for not much more out there too that you always hear good things about (HCK).
Oh, and it didn't really shrink that much at ALL. I was hoping it would, but it probably only shrunk like 10% or so.

never heard of it... if your just starting out.. a gi is a gi......
I like atama singles for cheap

For a cheap first gi get a HCK standard single, Atama, Sirius or an Adidas. All are good gis that you won't be embarrass to own later on.

www.SSFgear.com

FYI...GTMA stands for Golden Tiger Martial Arts. They make all kinds of stuff, not just BJJ gi's.

wow... Golden tiger.. sounds pretty scarry..
I like the new Sirius kimonos.. i havent seen one in person but they look cool. Next time i need a new gi, ill get one of those.

Which will be a long time.

Gsoares2 said:
wow... Golden tiger.. sounds pretty scarry..
I like the new Sirius kimonos.. i havent seen one in person but they look cool. Next time i need a new gi, ill get one of those.

I just got one of there new ones..it great!

While weve got a gi thread going, Ron (or anyone) what gi's would you say have the thinnest cuff circumference. I have a gameness platinum now, and its real tight to my wrist, which is great because i can break people's grip real easy. I also have a oauno, which I like, but is much looser around the wrist.

Let me know if what Im trying to say is unclear. I would prefer single weave or something light (its starting to get really hot here).

Gsoares2 said:
I like the new Sirius kimonos..

they are pretty sharp. i dig the simple, not to busy look of them. plus the designs are embroidered, not patches.

I've been using a GTMA for the last 3 months, yeah it's heavy, but it didn't shrink and the price is right. I have a Koral for special occasions.

Back