• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Girl gets traumatized watching Platoon

Yeah that movie honestly is a bit cheesy imo

I dont think its that cheesey, can be. keeps it together moreso than Born on the fourth of July.

Both are great Oliver stone films but Born on the fourth has a bit more of the emotional manipulation thing going on than Platoon.

Either way if I think of films that would "traumatize" someone platoon wouldnt be the first thought. Makes you think..yeah. has impactful moments, definitely....traumatic no I dont think so.

My mom for some reason, went to watch Platoon by herself when it came out, but had to take me with her since I was an infant then. She said she wouldn't finish the movie because I kept crying from all the sounds of guns and explosions. Platoon has a special place in my heart for me because of it. It's my first war movie, my first movie I've ever "watched" in the theatre.

Who the fuck watches other people watching shit?

Is your life that devoid of interest and excitement?

Fuck man

There are also people who watch other people play video games.

Hell, even losers who watch other people have se--

Screen_Shot_2018-03-07_at_2.08.13_PM.jpg

Yeah that movie honestly is a bit cheesy imo

Wowzers. Oliver Stone actually served as infantry during the vietnam war. Some people may think he threw in every crazy thing that people could have possibly experienced out there, but why not. Its as realistic of an account of the vietnam war as you may get.

Back to the thread at hand though. Who the fuck watches people watching shit and gives a fuck anyway? This is one wacky fucking era we live in.

LMAO!! Her crying looks fake as shit.
Can't believe people actually make money from this.

Chop some onions and put it on a plate next to your bed when you watch the movie.
When you see an overly dramatic scene, bring the plate of onions near your face and take a deep breath. Make sure your camera gets footage of your onion tears.
It's designed to fool the internet after all.

Last edited:
I remember watching this on acid almost 30 years ago. Was a wild ride for sure. Willem Defoe's face was the epitome of evil. My roommate freaked the fuck out and made us turn it off lol.

Just watched this reaction today. She's honestly one of the only legit movie reactors out there. Platoon is a great movie btw

Back