Gillespie could be Champ if he stopped goofing off

What’s goofing off? Fishing ?

Only if you treat it as a semi-profession...except you don't get paid. Look he can do what he wants, and I'm not a fan of fighters staying in MMA well beyond their prime. But it's a bit sad to think Gregor had the potential talent to be elite but didn't train or fight enough. Ideally, he would've trained harder a few years ago, become more well-rounded and be in a position now to either fight for the belt--or realize he had some weakness (maybe chin) that kept him out of the elite category. In the latter case, he'd be winding down his MMA career with a few fights before retiring. Instead, he's still in a "what if?" and "do we really know his ceiling" stage at 34 years old.

That was an impressive performance of not giving up. However, his striking is hardly serviceable, and Im surprised he just kept shooting for the stars, he must've either stuffed or got up instantly on 6 or 7 TDs in a row... After r1 I actually thought he was going to lose.

His style isn't exactly what I would call exciting either.

IMO he is never champ.

He has a similar problem to Chandler and a bunch of these other wrestlers. They excell on top being the hammer but get in lots of trouble when the situation is reversed. There are some really good grapplers on this division so he needs to tighten up

Hmm if you didn't think last night's fight was exciting you should maybe find a different sport to watch, IDK

The scrambles in the first were pretty entertaining. After that it was desperate TD drive one after another, until Diego folded.

Fishing won't bring him closer to the belt. Fighting will. The guy has always looked like a force if nature. Sure Kevin Lee has his number, but damn, i actually think he's champion material. He's an excellent wrestler, with great grappling and serviceable striking. It's just... He doesn't fight often enough. Also that cdf fight was amazing.
Too Small

He wrestled at 157 his final two years in college. And never any lower than 149. He will never cut to 145

I didn't know that.i think he's a beast for sure though.stopping CDF looks great on his resume.

Dont give him much of a chance of top 5 status in a deep 155 division....at least currently , regardless of his wrestling

Last edited:
Only if you treat it as a semi-profession...except you don't get paid. Look he can do what he wants, and I'm not a fan of fighters staying in MMA well beyond their prime. But it's a bit sad to think Gregor had the potential talent to be elite but didn't train or fight enough. Ideally, he would've trained harder a few years ago, become more well-rounded and be in a position now to either fight for the belt--or realize he had some weakness (maybe chin) that kept him out of the elite category. In the latter case, he'd be winding down his MMA career with a few fights before retiring. Instead, he's still in a "what if?" and "do we really know his ceiling" stage at 34 years old.

he seems really solid and last nights win was very impressive. Opponent missed weight by 6 lbs. and was massive in the ring. And he still got the win.
I don’t think his chin is a problem. Lee kod him with a beautiful kick and last night he was rocked but that guy can punch. Great scrambles
And wore the guy out when Gregor I thought looked out of it going into round 2.

and I have no idea about the time he fishes. I do t have social
Media. But you have to have something to relax you in life.

Not sure if Lee has his number considering he didnt even attempt to wrestle for whatever reason. Its not like Al Iaquinta owning Lee.

He looked like a world beater before Kevin Lee kicked him in the head. No one in the top 15 wanted to fight him. only shertards think he sucks.

Hmm if you didn't think last night's fight was exciting you should maybe find a different sport to watch, IDK
His fight w fkl was exciting too.

He has zero chance agsinst usman/ colby....and dont give him much shot vs Edward's so that's a big no
..... and thst s with him getting better as a fighter.Actually , I'd don't see him getting into top 5 but the state of todays 170- u never know

Good thing he fights at lightweight then

Lol- cant believe I dId that....long day
I was wondering “is this guy trying a new form of trolling? Totally screw up every part of his analysis, and render us all speechless?”

Lol all good man! Do you have any thoughts in regards to him at the correct weight?

The scrambles in the first were pretty entertaining. After that it was desperate TD drive one after another, until Diego folded.

If they work, and you break a guy in 6 minutes, then they weren't really "desperate."

I was wondering “is this guy trying a new form of trolling? Totally screw up every part of his analysis, and render us all speechless?”

Lol all good man! Do you have any thoughts in regards to him at the correct weight?
Yes- I should thank u otherwise itd become indelible as I wouldn't of thought about.....I mean, I've only been heavily invested into this for 22 years ,lol.. I edited my op. I dont know where his wrestling takes him but I dont see him near or top of the mountain of 155. Flip side of coin, I wont base a heavy opinion, either way, off last night.

Back