Gillespie could be Champ if he stopped goofing off

I disagree, I think Makhachev, Oliveira, Ismagulov and Gaethje all beat him

Gregor is a good fighter and he's a better person. Let the man fish if he wants.

Uh nope.
Frikken Sherdoggers, the moment they actually win, suddenly they are championship material. If the other guy was a little bit better, game over.

Questionable chin and holes in his standup defense makes doubt his "championship material"

I’m not sold yet on his striking. But his wrestling is very good a the way he scrambles is something to behold

Yes- I should thank u otherwise itd become indelible as I wouldn't of thought about.....I mean, I've only been heavily invested into this for 22 years ,lol.. I edited my op. I dont know where his wrestling takes him but I dont see him near or top of the mountain of 155. Flip side of coin, I wont base a heavy opinion, either way, off last night.
I think that is about it. Maybe a top 10 guy at 155 but no more. I think he should just accept that fact and then try and get 4-6 more fights out of himself in the next 2 years and call it. Stack up the paychecks, then you can spend more time fishing and giving private wrestling lessons (how he cut his teeth and I am pretty sure he still does them)

Fishing won't bring him closer to the belt. Fighting will. The guy has always looked like a force if nature. Sure Kevin Lee has his number, but damn, i actually think he's champion material. He's an excellent wrestler, with great grappling and serviceable striking. It's just... He doesn't fight often enough. Also that cdf fight was amazing.
Too small for that div and he can’t cut down. I predict at his age, 2 more fights and he’s done. Next fight....he gets Koed, takes too many shots, I don’t care who it is in the top 15 he gets, he’s too Frankie

I think that is about it. Maybe a top 10 guy at 155 but no more. I think he should just accept that fact and then try and get 4-6 more fights out of himself in the next 2 years and call it. Stack up the paychecks, then you can spend more time fishing and giving private wrestling lessons (how he cut his teeth and I am pretty sure he still does them)

Agree again on a top 10 standing but I'll give him benefit of doubt and see where he goes from here . Theres always room to evolve if you're putting in the right work with the right people but I do think , likely , he'll be able to sustain a top 10ish standing and , now, maybe even land some co msin spots on fight night cards .

Fishing won't bring him closer to the belt. Fighting will. The guy has always looked like a force if nature. Sure Kevin Lee has his number, but damn, i actually think he's champion material. He's an excellent wrestler, with great grappling and serviceable striking. It's just... He doesn't fight often enough. Also that cdf fight was amazing.
I think he needs to see if he can make 145. I think he's going to run into a lot of issues against the bigger guys at 155. He's a small LW.
Don't think fishing has much to do with it lol

I think he needs to see if he can make 145. I think he's going to run into a lot of issues against the bigger guys at 155. He's a small LW.
Chandler is even smaller.

He wrestled 157 his last two years in college. 149 before that. He ain’t making 145 ever...

He wrestled 157 his last two years in college. 149 before that. He ain’t making 145 ever...
Watch him vs Kevin Lee or Yancy Medeiros again. The size difference is tremendous.
If Holloway can make 145 so can Gillespie.

Also in wrestling you weigh in 2 hours before your match which limits the amount of weight you can cut. With 24 hours he can definitely make 145

Watch him vs Kevin Lee or Yancy Medeiros again. The size difference is tremendous.
If Holloway can make 145 so can Gillespie.

Also in wrestling you weigh in 2 hours before your match which limits the amount of weight you can cut. With 24 hours he can definitely make 145

I didn’t say he can’t. I said he ain’t. And I’m right. He’s not going to make 145. He’s a top 10 at 155, completely happy with that, and he hates cutting weight so he’s staying at 155. No need to wax poetic about it. And comparing him to max is stupid. Complete different body types so that cuts are drastically different

Last edited:
Great fighter but can't see him sniffing the belt anytime soon. A lot of the top guys certainly are wary of fighting him but if they do get to share the cage with him I wouldn't bet on him either (except perhaps vs. Hooker and McGregor). Poirier, Chandler, Gaethje, Ferguson, Oliveira should be favored over him.

Feel like he should try his hand at FW. Feel like his size will play against him when he runs up against the top of the division guys who have strong take down defense and make him blow a ton of energy working for position. Also hope he works on getting his head off the center line all the time. Great potential in the guy, think he needs to make some key adjustments still before i think he can really climb the mountain.

Back