Gilbert's current ranking?

UFCFantasyMVP

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Where does Gilbert rank amongst the STACKED lw division? I'll say top 2 for sure... In fact, probably even number 1 imo... But how would you guys feel if he fought Maynard? That's the fight I'd absolutely love to see and favor Gilbert in, then I'd expect him to win the championship in the fight after that... WAR!!! :icon_chee

Last edited:
Right now i think he is 3# or 4#

I have him #2 but he'd be #3 if it weren't for Edgar moving down. I'd like to see him fight Maynard but a fight vs Bendo makes mores sense, unify the belts.

I have him #2 but he'd be #3 if it weren't for Edgar moving down. I'd like to see him fight Maynard but a fight vs Bendo makes mores sense, unify the belts.

Unless Pettis wins... Which I personally don't think he will... Buttt has a great chance to, nonetheless. Especially considering the odds and opinions are pretty even and it's a fun fight.

For an immediate fight, yes, Bendo makes more sense. (I agree though, Edgar's a tough fight for anyone, anywhere, any-weight...)For a fight in the future...2+ fights... I think his first test should be Maynard... Even a UD would impress a ton of people. Then it's smooth sailin from there on out...

It's tough because we haven's seen him fight many of the top UFC guys. An educated guess would be at best 3 and at worst 7. We'll just have to see how he does depending on his first matchup.

After the Thompson fight he moved down IMO. I understand why he'd get an immediate title shot, but I think I'd put Chandler, Alvarez and even Maynard ahead of him at this time. And as was alreay stated, Edgar too if he were still at 155

But he was so unimpressive against the guy in your avatar and also against thompson. Also, he has a velasquez-esque layer of blubber on his torso, which is a problem because he's at LW, not HW.

depends if pettis wins. right now top 2-4

between Lauzon and Varner maybe, if he's lucky - I got Melvin vs Gil

Thompson won that last fight. GM looked like crap.....he's not even top ten IMO

Gilbert Yvel?

He's P4P best ref beater!

imo his last 2 fights were a bust & moved him down. but he can do better than that

Doesn't matter...

Back