Giga Chikadze says he’s a better striker than Max Holloway. Finish him in 2 rounds.

I like what he’s trying to do. He’s on the radar now. His next fight should be someone in the range of Barboza, Kattar, TKZ, Ige, Emmett, Burgos, etc. I like gunning for Max though. Maybe he gets the fight, springs the upset and finds himself in a title shot.

“I guarantee you I’m the best striker [in the UFC] and a much better striker than Max Holloway. I just need my chance to prove it."

That's UFC rising star Giga Chikadze officially throwing down the gauntlet ... challenging the featherweight G.O.A.T. to a scrap when talking to TMZ Sports.

Chikadze's stock is soaring after the 32-year-old put Cub Swanson away with a BRUTAL liver kick only 63 seconds into their co-main event fight last weekend.

Giga -- 13-2 (8 KO's) -- is now the #10 ranked featherweight ... so we asked him to name his dream fight.

“For sure Max Holloway.”

Why Blessed? He's the definition of a problem inside the Octagon.

"His fight against Calvin Kattar, I watched that fight and it was probably one of the best performances I’ve seen in a featherweight division," Giga says.

"Every time he was doing some crazy boxing combo I said, 'Man, I wanna fight him!'"

Of course, Holloway didn't just dominate Kattar (he landed a record 445 significant strikes) ... he's beaten Jose Aldo (twice), Brian Ortega, Frankie Edgar, Anthony Pettis and Jeremy Stephens -- to name a few.

Despite his ridiculous resume, Chikadze isn't afraid to say he has better hands (and legs) than the former champion ... and a fight with Max would be over inside 10 minutes.

“It doesn’t matter if it's gonna be a 3-round fight, 5-round fight ... I only give [Holloway] 2 [rounds]. That’s the max.”

He could make an argument for better legs (kicks) but better hands?

how important is talking, saying, and claiming? Just curious.

Even if overall his striking isn't better, Max has diversified a lot with knees, elbows and kicks. He has the chin to withstand some shots from Giga, continually pressure him, wear him out and then beat the shit out of him.

That said, it's a fight and anyone can win. I respect the respectful call out. There's nothing wrong with him shooting his shot. I still think Max is content with waiting to fight the winner of Ortega/Volk, though.
Aren't they doing a season of TUF? Seems like a long time to sit out, plus Max already lost to Volk twice so if Volk wins then I don't know that the UFC will give Max another shot so soon. Max should stay busy and fight once more against someone like Giga

I mean he's got great kicks. But Max's hands likely dwarf his. And if a guy with amazing hands knows how to fight on constant forward pressure it usually turns off the ability to set up your kicking arsenal from having to step backwards from the forward pressure with the hands. It'd be a huge step up in competition for him. Cub once was a near top of the heap guy. But he's just a good win these days, nothing super substantial. Max is a guy firing on all cylinders and is clear championship level. Based on his second performance against volk, and his styling on Kattar. That being said, don't know that max is particularly interested. Max has clear ins to the title picture at the moment. Giga is just not in that sphere yet, and Max already gave a guy a chance in Calvin. And he defended his elite status against the surging contender, so deserves his rightful spot amongst the established pantheon of 145 and the fights that come with it. Other fights out there Giga can chase to earn his spot.

Aren't they doing a season of TUF? Seems like a long time to sit out, plus Max already lost to Volk twice so if Volk wins then I don't know that the UFC will give Max another shot so soon. Max should stay busy and fight once more against someone like Giga

Dana was originally angling for it after their second bout stating they should fight again because he thought Max won. I do agree with you on the third fight, but taking the Giga bout? That's a lose/lose for Max. He's taking all the risk here. I think they'll wait to see if Ortega wins. If he does, Max gets a shot. If not, maybe Giga?

Dana was originally angling for it after their second bout stating they should fight again because he thought Max won. I do agree with you on the third fight, but taking the Giga bout? That's a lose/lose for Max. He's taking all the risk here. I think they'll wait to see if Ortega wins. If he does, Max gets a shot. If not, maybe Giga?
That's lame though, why hold up such a deep division? If Max is the best guy in the division then he should be able to hold onto his #1 contender's spot. Besides keeping Max on the shelf for that long is a crime, we the fans need to see him fight instead of wasting his prime on the sidelines.

Chikadze is cool, but he has weak punching. He is a very good kicker, but his footwork and in general 'hands' aren't all 'that'.

What's his cardio like?

Because that's the biggest question mark when you're fighting someone like Max tbh.

That's lame though, why hold up such a deep division? If Max is the best guy in the division then he should be able to hold onto his #1 contender's spot. Besides keeping Max on the shelf for that long is a crime, we the fans need to see him fight instead of wasting his prime on the sidelines.

I could not agree more with him needing to fight more often.

This sounds like when Kevin Lee was calling out Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Nah pal, you ain't there.

That giga kick to the liver can end anyone if he lands it. I just wouldn't bet on him landing it.

I think Max should fight again, too, but not against Giga. Maybe against Emmet or someone else higher ranked than giga. At this rate, Kattar will be back before Max, and Max has been healthy the whole time.

He needs to be Tera Chikadze to have a chance vs Max
The kattar fight is a good idea, fight through the ranks young man

Big leap but I'd be excited for this fight.

Back