[GIFS] Real life Rocky & Jon showed some sincere humility and class (?!?!?!)

Ughugh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just rewatched the fight and Jon was really humble and respectful in the winner's interview in a way I wouldn't expect from him. Real life Rocky moment too when they met up and exchanged their respect and then seeing him being helped out of the cage. Fantastic, almost cinematic moment. Just brilliant. Now that the butthurt has settled I'm just happy I got to watch it and that my boy had one of the leading roles.

9ziYio.gif

iKa08P.gif

OBJ4Gs.jpg

Hate to admit it but it wasn't a robbery either. Could've gone either way depending on how you value boxing, leg kicks, TDs, elbows etc. There literally wasn't a single round where you couldn't make a case for either fighter but Jon hands down landed the most strikes with the leg kicks and had some vital strikes at end of round 4 and 5. Moral victory or not it takes more than that to dethrone the champ and at the end of the day the decision was fair.

Can't wait for the rematch.

Last edited:
This is the fight to pick to show anyone that is not a fan of MMA and that totally badmouths the sport. Show this to all the MMA haters and after the fight I bet their minds will be blown.

This is the fight to pick to show anyone that is not a fan of MMA and that totally badmouths the sport. Show this to all the MMA haters and after the fight I bet their minds will be blown.

Completely agree.

Gus went from a good fighter to a savage. Glad to see Sherdog ranked him up 4 spots to #2 he was very close-- a handful of damaging strikes or not getting rocked by the back elbow-- to winning. Seems like he took a big leap forward from the Silva/Shogun level he fought at before.

They were both classy and humble. Would have been a perfect night if the judges new how to score a fight.

I didn't think it was a robbery either, and I'm disappointed that the decision was the focal point for so many because that was a great fight. Both guys showed skill, toughness and guts.

I thought Jones said "You can fight huh" to Gus. Almost like he was telling himself. Was pretty awesome.

When Ughugh says Gus lost, damn, it's like Claude praising Silva :icon_lol:

I agree, the respect and admiration shared between these two amazing fighters after one of the best fights ever was epic.

havn't seen the fight yet, was at work, but from what i've read it was a good one

Great gif and excellent OP, TS.
Was pulling for Bones but was fan of both. I honestly thought it could have gone either way as they were announcing the decision.

One of the better topics since the event. You could definitely tell that they earned each other's respect. Nice pics/gifs.

A LHW rivalry is exactly part of what has been missing from the division for the last few years.

It was indeed a dog fight and both fighters showed so much heart ! Then to see them being respectful of each other afterwards really made my day.

One of the finer mma moments in recent time.

Just rewatched the fight and Jon was really humble and respectful in the winner's interview in a way I wouldn't expect from him. Real life Rocky moment too when they met up and exchanged their respect and then seeing him being helped out of the cage. Fantastic, almost cinematic moment. Just brilliant. Now that the butthurt has settled I'm just happy I got to watch it and that my boy had one of the leading roles.

Hate to admit it but it wasn't a robbery either. Could've gone either way depending on how you value boxing, leg kicks, TDs, elbows etc. There literally wasn't a single round where you couldn't make a case for either fighter but Jon hands down landed the most strikes with the leg kicks and had some vital strikes at end of round 4 and 5. Moral victory or not it takes more than that to dethrone the champ and at the end of the day the decision was fair.

Can't wait for the rematch.

Hey, Ughugh.

You used to have such a cool head on your shoulders.

When did you turn into such a shit poster?

Love,

-FallonFoxGOAT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back