Gi Patches Thread

jamison

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Getting ready to patch up some of my gi's. Some patches I have can be ironed on or obviously sewn on. Does anyone have any actual experience with ironing patches on? Have they stayed on? I will brobably have them sewn anyway. Also, anyone have any experience with embroided patches rather than the silk one's? Everything you KNOW about patches, do share. So far, the best place I've found for patches is casca-grossa.com. Just tonite I recieved some official Sherdog patches from SUPERBEAST (kind gentleman that he is) and theese things are solid quality and look great.
Begin..

Iron on never hold, so you will have to sow em. I personally like silk better since they kinda go with the matrial as opposed to embrioded.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
Iron on never hold, so you will have to sow em. I personally like silk better since they kinda go with the matrial as opposed to embrioded.
I was thinking the same. I have some like a big American Top Team patch that is embroided (thanks Puma @ATT) along with the Sherdog one. I wonder if theres a specific place on the gi that I should NOT place the embroided ones..

jamison said:
I was thinking the same. I have some like a big American Top Team patch that is embroided (thanks Puma @ATT) along with the Sherdog one. I wonder if theres a specific place on the gi that I should NOT place the embroided ones..
I wouldn't place it on the back, because when playing guard you it will get really annoying. I'd put it on the sleeves or front.

Put the patches ONLY if some company pays you. We spend too much money on the gear allready. We dont have do advertise them...

Pizdek said:
Put the patches ONLY if some company pays you. We spend too much money on the gear allready. We dont have do advertise them...

There are people I would advertise anyway, like Sherdog, Ron at SSF, etc.

However, I agree. I am not too big on a lot of patches myself.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:

Iron on will only hold if the gi is brand new, the fabric has to be completely clean, otherwise you'll have to sow em.

BFW said:
Iron on will only hold if the gi is brand new, the fabric has to be completely clean, otherwise you'll have to sow em.
Good to see you posting. If the patch is ironed when the gi IS new, will it hold just as well as being sewn?

jamison said:
Good to see you posting. If the patch is ironed when the gi IS new, will it hold just as well as being sewn?
No, it will hold better, but since Jiu jitsu is rough it will probably come off one time or another.

After the other gi thread I was wanting to see what other people had on there gi.

Meh, my gameness has their gay patches.

My HCK has a SSf patch. and a Rednose patch

My atama has a Royler patch, and the regular flags.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
Meh, my gameness has their gay patches.

My HCK has a SSf patch. and a Rednose patch

My atama has a Royler patch, and the regular flags.

Your HCK gi sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :D
Picture please.

www.SSFgear.com

Pizdek said:

I dont mind advertising for the companies that go out of their way to give me extra customer service and make me feel like more than a customer. In fact I want to help those few companies that stand put above the rest. When I get a new GI I'm going to patch it with my favorite companies to support them as best as possible.

Adino said:
I dont mind advertising for the companies that go out of their way to give me extra customer service and make me feel like more than a customer. In fact I want to help those few companies that stand put above the rest. When I get a new GI I'm going to patch it with my favorite companies to support them as best as possible.
That's why I got an SSF on my HCK, he aint payin me shit, but the service is great and he deserves buisness.

dsci00047dv.jpg

dsci00055rt.jpg

This is what I have:
The Great Seal of the Choctaw Nation (my Tribe)
Reversed U.S. Flag Patch (It came of my work shirt)
Nautical Star Patch (that way I never get lost)
Punisher (cuz it looks cool)
School Patch (Cuz we have to have one)
Boba Fett Ptach (cuz it was funny)
Snake Eyes Ninja Ptach (Cuz it was funny to and it reminds me of being a kid)

Back