gi funk

thecas said:
I sometimes bath the morning after though. reason is because the numerous scratches hurts when in contact with soap n water
the stinging pain you feel is the soap killing the bacteria crawling into your face.

suck it up, wash it off.

thecas said:
Guess its ok if all your dojo mates r clear of such stuff?
clear of such stuff? A) how do you know? and B) this is how ringworm is created--scratches and bacteria left sitting. it's not like some disease you're born with.

Fight_Song said:
do any of you guys use skin shield? im just curious since most of the contact is in Gi's and all. i always used it in wrestling and am looking for my long lost pack from last year to be on the safe side. i have no germ phobia but skin diseases require anti biotics and lots of unwanted time away and etc. more a pain in the ass than rubbing on some shield before a tournament or whatever.

when i trained in wrestling, top priority was to get your ass home after and wash ASAP. you dont want sweat to dry especially sweat this isnt yours. my team kept pretty well clean and even through all that we've always had one or two kids a season getting staff or ring and missing 2 weeks for that can screw your record.
i wear the underarmor stuff to prevent gi hickies

i think that helps it not be so smelly.

Sometimes you can't be a little girl and realize that the place you are at is a gym. Things are going to stink. If it's unbearable then kindly tell them quietly, don't be a bitch and make them go home for money they are spending on you. Again, it's a gym, it's not going to smell so nice. And plus we are all guys, wtf?

Steeltwo said:
i wear the underarmor stuff to prevent gi hickies

i think that helps it not be so smelly.
i too wear underarmor. without it i just get burns from my shirt/gi rubbing under my arms.

Bama Zulu said:
Sometimes you can't be a little girl and realize that the place you are at is a gym. Things are going to stink. If it's unbearable then kindly tell them quietly, don't be a bitch and make them go home for money they are spending on you. Again, it's a gym, it's not going to smell so nice. And plus we are all guys, wtf?
yeah man, fuck hygiene. we're all dudes, right?

Bama Zulu said:
LMAO I've never insutlred someone over the net but you can't possibly be this thickheaded. No one is complaining on how the gym smells, things like that you can get used to. But training closeup with someone while they have bad hygeine is a disturbing experience. I come in with a clean gi because I have respect for those I train with, I come in wearing deoderant because I show courtesy to the people I train with. The majority are guys.. and so I should come in proudly dirty?

Bama Zulu said:

Translation = I am one of those lazy fuckers who never washes my Gi. Please roll with me even though I smell like a turd.

Bama Zulu said:

So are you saying that smelling like ballsweat = teh tough and being clean = teh wimp?

I think you should reevaluate that...

...and take a shower.

Nah, I wash my gi after ever two sessions and wear deodarant because I roll pretty hard. I have had my share of people who stank but I don't cry about it, nor am I sissy enough to tap just because of a smell, if anything that made me slap on submissions a little bit harder. I tell them quietly after class that they should wash their gi. That's it, I don't go online like this is the school girls bathroom "omg john stinks so bad! so let's not say anything to his face but bitch about it!"

It's funny how people assume so much online. But hey, it is sherdog, I couldn't expect anything less.

TTT - Rolled with a nasty muvugga last night. Gi smelled like a mix of three-day-old-socks soaked in piss.

Back