gi design

SSF

SSFgear.com
Reaction score
If you could make your own gi what would you like (color, material, collar design, cut)?

www.SSFgear.com

Black Machado material, Mizuno Collar. Tailor cut so jacket closes flat and even at the bottom.
Double weave. No large patches, Sleek nice embroidery on the sleeves or shoulder, maybe something on the bottom front, signature series or something. Most people buy gis and they look huge on them, so i say solving this by making gi's that fit a little tighter then the standard sizeing. Not much, just a little.

A cool clean looking gi, nothing with patches all over it like a billboard. Like a brittish car maker would design.. Sleek clean looking and comfortable.

Gold weave is thin supposedly but my attama is much hotter then my keiko rocca gold. I say if its hot either way i would prefer the thicker more sturdy weave.. DOUBLE.

Gis of reference, Machado double, Atama Double, Dragao Behring, Gameness(MINUS THE PATCHES), Mizuno..... If designing a new gi i would try an take the best attributes from the best Gi and combine.

Embroidery on all of those gis add to their classy look, material is the best on the machado, dragao, and gameness.. but i like the machado best. Mizuno is thick and heavy but the collar on them is like no other.

Material = either Machado hybrid or Gameness platinum
Collar = Aries without doubt, close second is Gameness
Fit = Dragao
Trousers= Gameness
Trim - NoGi or Adidas or Koral
Design = NoGi or Krugans or Dragao or MMAGear/Machado
Packaging = Adidas Machado Signature or Keiko Raca
Colours = White, Blue, Black, Dark Blue, Grey, Red.

I have one already designed to this kind of spec. We are just waiting for the first samples. It is up on my site under the name the Killa Kimono. We have already got a waiting list of over 50 people for it. lol.

Gsoares said:
Black Machado material, Mizuno Collar. Tailor cut so jacket closes flat and even at the bottom.
Double weave. No large patches, Sleek nice embroidery on the sleeves or shoulder, maybe something on the bottom front, signature series or something. Most people buy gis and they look huge on them, so i say solving this by making gi's that fit a little tighter then the standard sizeing. Not much, just a little.

A cool clean looking gi, nothing with patches all over it like a billboard. Like a brittish car maker would design.. Sleek clean looking and comfortable.

Gold weave is thin supposedly but my attama is much hotter then my keiko rocca gold. I say if its hot either way i would prefer the thicker more sturdy weave.. DOUBLE.

Gis of reference, Machado double, Atama Double, Dragao Behring, Gameness(MINUS THE PATCHES), Mizuno..... If designing a new gi i would try an take the best attributes from the best Gi and combine.

Embroidery on all of those gis add to their classy look, material is the best on the machado, dragao, and gameness.. but i like the machado best. Mizuno is thick and heavy but the collar on them is like no other.
have you ever rolled in the machado? or the bhering?

Nope just fought against guys at my school who have them... So i have tried them on..
Not the Bhering but the norm armbar.. Ive yet to find out if bhering is different... so i am assuming its not.. I was more talking about how to Bhering looked though, because it doesnt have the super large patch on the chest.

I'd love a gi that was woven with coolmax or some kind of breathable/sweat-wicking fabric. I want something thats easy to move in, but light and durable. It would be form fitting with thick-ass collars. I'd like a weave/material that doesn't cause rug burns when you roll in it. The design would be simple without large billboard/ad patches and plain white -- I want my skills to do the talking, not my gi. Something like the plain MKimonos or Koral design - clean and simple.

Roy (FightGear UK): That Killa Kimono sounds nice. Where can I order one in the States? BTW, what do you mean by "packaging" when referring to the Adidas and Keiko gi's?

Gsoares said:
Nope just fought against guys at my school who have them... So i have tried them on..
Not the Bhering but the norm armbar.. Ive yet to find out if bhering is different... so i am assuming its not.. I was more talking about how to Bhering looked though, because it doesnt have the super large patch on the chest.
Yea man, im not a fan of big patches unless they are on the pants since they work to my advantage,

Material: Machado Hybrid or Gameness platinum weave.
Collar: HCK.
Fit: Koral or Ouano
Pants: Machado
Design: Small embroidery on shoulders like HCK or Ouano, no patches!
Colors: White, blue and black.

material: koral
collar: hck
fit: koral
pants: machado

The Machado signature comes with its own zip up case to keep the gi tidy and clean while the Keiko comes in its own gi bag. The packaging on a product is incredibly important to a dealer. Afterall you wouldn't really be attracted to a bar of chocolate/candy if the wrapper wasn't nice would ya?

Its a shame no-one has had experience of the Aries. It is a incredible gi. Probably the toughest I have ever known. The collar puts nearly all others to shame and I have yet to see one tougher.

Fightgear UK said:
Its a shame no-one has had experience of the Aries. It is a incredible gi. Probably the toughest I have ever known. The collar puts nearly all others to shame and I have yet to see one tougher.
any link?

Soid:
Here is the link to the gi:
Aries kimono

The site is crap and it shows nothing about the gi really.

Here is the design prototype for the killa

killak1.jpg

killak2.jpg

Roy: Where can I order the Killa Kimono in the States? I'm interested in buying one to try out/review.

It isn't made yet UltimaMMA. We had a designer draw up the designs for us and we have sent them to a few manufacturers for samples. We're currently waiting for their completion.

I had an Aries, I had to return it. It was like wearing a suit of armour. The thing must have weighed 20 lbs.

TTT with lightweight kimonos.

Fightgear UK said:
Soid:
Here is the link to the gi:
Aries kimono

The site is crap and it shows nothing about the gi really.

Here is the design prototype for the killa

killak1.jpg

killak2.jpg

A Killa for the Playas :D
Nice Pics !

My new Gis - Kimonos Na Guarda! : )

I train jj since 1995 and I like to train wearing a Gi with double weave material, and with a tighter fit! And I wore almost every Gi brands from Brazil.

It took about 7 months researching and testing the best cut, fabrics, weight and design of kimonos to create Na Guarda Gis. Meanwhile, we received the opinion and approval from friends, fighters and jj apprentices.

I hope everybody like it!
Thanks,

Alex

Na Guarda said:
My new Gis - Kimonos Na Guarda! : )

I train jj since 1995 and I like to train wearing a Gi with double weave material, and with a tighter fit! And I wore almost every Gi brands from Brazil.

It took about 7 months researching and testing the best cut, fabrics, weight and design of kimonos to create Na Guarda Gis. Meanwhile, we received the opinion and approval from friends, fighters and jj apprentices.

I hope everybody like it!
Thanks,

Alex

Can you give us details on what you came up with after all the research you did? What kinda collar did you use? What weave did you research was the best? From what you mentioned, the cut would probably be more form fitting than others. Is the skirt the same material as the rest of the top? Is the top made of one piece of fabric? Are the seams apparent to the point you can feel them rub against you when you roll?

Back