gi design

Do you have pics of your gi - I'd love to see what it looks like? I'm sure others would be interested in seeing them as well.

deep blue! deep blue! stadium stomps, knife and fork in hand smashing table... you get the idea.

Glad to hear you'll be making a black..

Dragao's armlock black is the best looking black gi around right now imop....

I will post the pictures sometime next week. My office is being worked on so I am working off a POS laptop with dialup so I'm a little so on checking the forums. I'm sorry for being a little slow in responding to the emails.

I guess I'll have to make a deep blue. Do you want that with a blk collar or all blue?

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
If you could make your own gi what would you like (color, material, collar design, cut)?

www.SSFgear.com

I wish the Kimono/Gi sizing system was more americanized. I am talking about small, medium, large. extra large and so on. Also 3 heights would be good: Short, regular, and tall. Kind of like miltary BDUs. There would be a lot less tailoring to do.

Stryke:
While I understand your frustration and with the greatest respect... why should they be 'americanized'? More of the world use a metric system than the older imperial measure (inches, pints, feet, yards, gallons, miles). Here in the UK we're gradually being dragged (kicking and screaming!) into a metric world.
As for the idea of there being heights as an option/measure, again I see your point BUT from a manufacturer and dealers point of view this would both restrict the customers choice as well as increasing price. The reason is that the dealer would have to carry more choice which in addition to taking more shelf space would also mean more shelf time. Example, when we order gi, we will order based on a normalised standard curve that would typically mean multiples of 1 * A1, 2 * A2, 3 * A3, 2 * A4, 1 * A5. If we did what you suggest it would mean we would need to carry a selection of 15 different sizing options. Not sure if that makes much sense but it did when I wrote it! lol

SSF said:
I will post the pictures sometime next week. My office is being worked on so I am working off a POS laptop with dialup so I'm a little so on checking the forums. I'm sorry for being a little slow in responding to the emails.

I guess I'll have to make a deep blue. Do you want that with a blk collar or all blue?

www.SSFgear.com

Definately with a blue collar! I hate the gi's that have a different color on the collar.

stryker505 said:
I wish the Kimono/Gi sizing system was more americanized. I am talking about small, medium, large. extra large and so on. Also 3 heights would be good: Short, regular, and tall. Kind of like miltary BDUs. There would be a lot less tailoring to do.
That is the best idea I have heard yet. Why not do it with your gi's?

70 said:
Definately with a blue collar! I hate the gi's that have a different color on the collar.

agreed

And for above post.. UK is right, sizing options are fine.
America seems to be the worlds retard that thinks it needs special catering.. and a short bus.

Gsoares2 said:
agreed

America seems to be the worlds retard that thinks it needs special catering.. and a short bus.

LMFAO!!! Gsoares2 has hit the correct with a knee to the groin.

Gsoares2 said:
agreed

Terrorist :(

Bleached, gold single weave, average collar size, extra material in spots that tear, thick drawsting for trousers, not too short. Maybe one school patch, simple is better. The amount of shit on your gi has nothing to do with one's abilities.

Fightgear UK said:
Stryke:
While I understand your frustration and with the greatest respect... why should they be 'americanized'? More of the world use a metric system than the older imperial measure (inches, pints, feet, yards, gallons, miles). Here in the UK we're gradually being dragged (kicking and screaming!) into a metric world.
As for the idea of there being heights as an option/measure, again I see your point BUT from a manufacturer and dealers point of view this would both restrict the customers choice as well as increasing price. The reason is that the dealer would have to carry more choice which in addition to taking more shelf space would also mean more shelf time. Example, when we order gi, we will order based on a normalised standard curve that would typically mean multiples of 1 * A1, 2 * A2, 3 * A3, 2 * A4, 1 * A5. If we did what you suggest it would mean we would need to carry a selection of 15 different sizing options. Not sure if that makes much sense but it did when I wrote it! lol

I see your point about overhead and addditional costs to inventory. I just wish it was an option.

Prolly never happen anyway.....

Back